Cast steel truck wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cast steel truck wheels

I have a 1942 M16 with 20" Clark cast steel 6 spoke wheels. I have a bad rear wheel that is need of replacement. It apparently lost an inner wheel bearing at some point in the past and really tore it up. The original Studebaker part no. is 667820, which is a Dual rear Clark wheel. I could also use two hub caps for this same truck. It is a black cap with a red S in the middle. Any information on where I may find one of these will be greatly appreciated. I've already spoken to Don Gay, Vern Ediger and Chuck Collins and they don't have one of these or know of anyone who does. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Roger W. List
    Proud Studebaker Owner

Suggest you also post your question on Stude Truck Talk here:

Tapatalk the world's leading mobile platform for building great communities online

Those wheels were used on a number of other make trucks, and someone on the STT forum may know of other possible places to look for them.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Cast Steel Wheels

Thanks Skip for the quick reply. Yes I posted a request on the STT forum last month and they mentioned that a Diamond T or International used these wheels also. The problem is that these applications are just about as scarce as the Studebaker. Another problem is that not all applications use the same bearings and that would introduce another variable to contend with. I did find a couple of trucks with these wheels for sale, but I'm not going to buy a complete truck just to get one wheel. I was hoping that posting here might give my plight more exposure. Thanks again.

Roger L.
      Roger W. List
      Proud Studebaker Owner

Comment

This is an old thread that I would like to open again.
        Roger is looking for rim clamps for these Clark wheels.
        He was over in my warehouse a few month ago looking for engine parts and found some but now he is looking for wheel clamps for the inner rear wheels.
        Any of the truck people have some extra's.
        I do have the part numbers 662205 and 632640
        for the clamps he needs
        I will post this on the truck forum
        Thanks
        Robert Kapteyn
        Last edited by rkapteyn; 10-16-2016, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X