Memorial Day Car Show - North Star Chapter - Hugo, MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memorial Day Car Show - North Star Chapter - Hugo, MN

It was a beautiful day, sun and 80 degrees!
    Good turnout, would have loved to see a few more studes.
    A couple Avanti's came after I took pictures, so I missed them to include here.
    Here's some pix!
    Enjoy, hope everyone made it home safe this weekend, and good luck summer studebakering!

Oh, and thanks a ton to the North Star Chapter guys and gals for sponsoring this event and all the hard work and time devoted to it! You know who you are!

EDIT: FYI - I used a brand new camera for the first time, and the resolution was set way too high, at first I could not attach them in the forum. Then I scaled them way down, and it went through. So, if there are any pix that you want the full resolution larger photo of, just email me and I will send them to you.
    And, my daughter (age 7) brought her camera and got a couple of the lark convertible. I will post them in a reply down further.
    I was hoping to bring my convert, but sadly it is smokin' really bad!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gohdes; 05-31-2010, 06:43 PM.

more pix here!
    Attached Files

Comment

and still more!
      Attached Files

Comment

check out the sticker in the front window: "Bail Out Studebaker"
        Attached Files

Comment

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing Eric, as I couldnt go due to family stuff. I see cars that I havent seen at the Labor Day show such as the blue 1964? Wagonaire and the tan 1963 GT Hawk. Looks like they had a great turn out. If only I could have been in two places at once. Sadly, I didnt even have my '63 Hawk out this weekend as I was busy around my house. If you're not too busy Wednesday night, I'm told that there is a cruise-in at the Culver's restaurant in Elk River (by the Menard's) and I plan on going if the weather is good. If any other locals can make it, I hope to see you there.
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

That orange R-series looks GREAT!
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Looks like it was a great day.
              1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Is that every Wednesday night in Elk River Brent?

Comment

I thought about you guys and gals most of the day. Planned on going but with my work hours being over the top and not seeing my kids to often, when they asked me this morning to go fishing and play ball, I adjusted my schedule. Thank you very much for the pics!

Comment

Originally posted by HookedonStudies View Post
                    Is that every Wednesday night in Elk River Brent?
                    Hi Pat, I believe my dad told me it's the first and third Wednesday of each month. It's the first for sure, but am not sure if its the third also. I'll find out Wednesday and repost here for confirmation.

Confirmed: Culver's restaurant the first and third Wednesday in Elk River and A&W restaurant every second Wednesday in Big Lake and somewhere in Rogers (likely Culver's) the last Wednesday of each month. Eric Gohdes and I were at the Culver's tonight along with his daughter, however none of us brought a camera.
                    Last edited by Milaca; 06-02-2010, 06:34 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

here's the lark convert (that my daughter captured):
                      second one is "winking"
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by gohdes; 05-31-2010, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                        If you're not too busy Wednesday night, I'm told that there is a cruise-in at the Culver's restaurant in Elk River (by the Menard's) and I plan on going if the weather is good. If any other locals can make it, I hope to see you there.
                        What times please?

Comment

It starts at 5pm. I can't get there until about 5:45. It ends whenever the last car drives away.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gohdes View Post
                            here's the lark convert (that my daughter captured):
                            second one is "winking"
                            That's the car from my "Ginger or Mary Ann?" posting from 3 weeks ago. The owner drove it to South Bend for the May swap meet. I really like that car!
                            sigpic

Comment

WARNING: Non Stude pix!
                              my daughter really liked like this green/yellow truck because it had flames, although she's only 7 yrs old, and always took a picture from straight on so it's hard to see.

However, this second pic is the flame winner, in my eyes. I don't think she saw this purple one (Plymouth I think?), as it was further away from our "base camp". We had a nice shade canopy, food, and drinks!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by gohdes; 06-01-2010, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X