Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple recent sightings (PIX)

Hi all--

Still between jobs unfortunately, but there's time yet before I need to start panicking...Meantime, am hitting as many cruises and car shows/swaps as I can, which was pretty much the case before I became redundant anyway! A few weeks back I went to a new swap meet at Rockton, near Cambridge, northwest of here; conversed about Larks with a gent selling a huge variety of gaskets there and he told me of a '61 that had shown up locally...had time to kill between the end of the swap and the start of the cruise I was attending afterward, so diverted a mile or so to see this:

No one was home, unfortunately...but I have subsequently met the fellow whose cars these are at another cruise. Left to right in the pic are a 54 Packard, 56 GH, Dodge van, my 62 Lark and the recently-acquired 61 Lark.

Went to the usual Paris cruise this past Saturday; was feeling bummed about being the only Stude there again, and getting ready to leave just before sunset, when this showed up...

...64 R2-engined Commander 2dr. More pix of it shortly. Trying to keep this from timing-out on me as it sometimes does...

S.

Ah good, it didn't time out. More shots of the 64 R2 Commander. New owner had just picked it up that day; he's a fellow from the Simcoe area, southwest of Hamilton, whom I met once before at the same cruise during 2009 when he was driving his other Stude, a 54 Commander 4dr. (The 54 is now for sale, at an easy-to-remember $5400.)

The 64 had formerly belonged to our own "mrjazzmillcreek", who also provided my Lark with the parts for its brake transplant back at the end of the winter...thanks Ray, and nice 64!

S.

Comment

'64 Commander R2 Super Lark?

That's a really Beautiful '64 Commander Steve! I like that a lot.

It looks like it could be a Hamilton car so a clone, but I don't think the Mustang owners looking at it's tailights will know the difference!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

So who owns the 56 Golden Hawk?
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

The 64 was the one Ray Martin built & had for sale a very nice car & fast to.The new owner is Jim Frazer who has owned the 54 sedan for years & has always been a Studebaker fan,he once owned the 64 GT the new member of The Hamilton Chpt. now has.Jim is a great guy & I have been urging him to join our club for some time,

Comment

Working...
          X