Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There Anyone In the Carolinas Or Southeast...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There Anyone In the Carolinas Or Southeast...

who does chrome restoration? I've got the have the chrome-basically all of it, though some is better off than other parts-on the Champion restored, and was wondering if there was someone I could send the parts to, or better yet, take it to, that's not so far away(I'm in SC). Cosmetically, that's the main thing that needs to be done, to the outside, anyway, aside from a different paint.

pitbulllady

I know there's a chrome shop in Lakeland (FL) near the airport, but I haven't had the opportunity to check it out yet. I might have to do that this week for grins & giggles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

I know there's a chrome shop in Lakeland (FL) near the airport, but I haven't had the opportunity to check it out yet. I might have to do that this week for grins & giggles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome For The Street
        3990 Bankhead Hwy
        Douglasville, Ga 30134
        770-949-8942

quote:Originally posted by pitbulllady

who does chrome restoration? I've got the have the chrome-basically all of it, though some is better off than other parts-on the Champion restored, and was wondering if there was someone I could send the parts to, or better yet, take it to, that's not so far away(I'm in SC). Cosmetically, that's the main thing that needs to be done, to the outside, anyway, aside from a different paint.

pitbulllady
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome For The Street
          3990 Bankhead Hwy
          Douglasville, Ga 30134
          770-949-8942

quote:Originally posted by pitbulllady

pitbulllady
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Bob Johnstones Studebaker Resources site recommends in North Carolina:

North Carolina
            Chrome-rite
            Fayetteville, NC
            (nice, reasonable)
            5-6 weeks

I've never personally used them, but here is their website.

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
            53 Starliner Hardtop
            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

North Carolina
              Chrome-rite
              Fayetteville, NC
              (nice, reasonable)
              5-6 weeks

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
              53 Starliner Hardtop
              Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Thanks! Fayetteville, NC is only about an hour and a half from me, all interstate, and this place is located right off I-95! All I have to do is take the parts that need rechroming up there-no shipping.

pitbulllady

quote:Originally posted by stude53

North Carolina
                Chrome-rite
                Fayetteville, NC
                (nice, reasonable)
                5-6 weeks

53 Starliner Hardtop
                Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Thanks! Fayetteville, NC is only about an hour and a half from me, all interstate, and this place is located right off I-95! All I have to do is take the parts that need rechroming up there-no shipping.

pitbulllady

quote:Originally posted by stude53

North Carolina
                  Chrome-rite
                  Fayetteville, NC
                  (nice, reasonable)
                  5-6 weeks

53 Starliner Hardtop
                  Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Be real careful of Chrome-Rite. I live in Fayetteville and although I have never used them some of the local car guys I know say they are expensive and results are not always what they used to be years ago.

Joe Roberts
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Be real careful of Chrome-Rite. I live in Fayetteville and although I have never used them some of the local car guys I know say they are expensive and results are not always what they used to be years ago.

Joe Roberts
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I had my Avanti's Air Cleaner cover done by Librandi Plating in Harristown Pa. www.carchrome.com They did a great job & stand by their work. Charged $145 & 13 UPS..That was a year ago

Comment

I had my Avanti's Air Cleaner cover done by Librandi Plating in Harristown Pa. www.carchrome.com They did a great job & stand by their work. Charged $145 & 13 UPS..That was a year ago

Comment

I have and several of my friends have used http://www.advancedplating.com in Nashville,Tenn..They may be just a little more than some of the others BUT they stand behind their work. Never had a problem nor have I heard of one with them. [8D]

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
                            (formerly chevpartsman)
                            1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
                            Lewisville,NC

Comment

I have and several of my friends have used http://www.advancedplating.com in Nashville,Tenn..They may be just a little more than some of the others BUT they stand behind their work. Never had a problem nor have I heard of one with them. [8D]

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT

Lewisville,NC
                              (formerly chevpartsman)
                              1961 Hawk ...4-Speed;4bc;Twin Traction

Ken Byrd
                              Lewisville,NC

Comment

Working...
                              X