Very rare GH (NOT!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very rare GH (NOT!)

I'm dealing with a guy in WI concerning a Fiero GT. Mentioned I'm on my way to the Stude thing. Today he wrote:

I had a buddy in Houston whose dad collected Studebakers. They had an Avanti and found a Golden Hawk that had been parked in a barn since Korea by a solider killed there. It still had the plastic on the seats. It was a fun car to take to high school in 76. The family's name was Blackstone, he was a professor at the Univ of Houston at that time.

Only 1 prob, the Korean war was 1950-1953. And the 1st GH was...well, you know!

John

Maybe it was a prototype! LOL!
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk View Post
      maybe it was a prototype! Lol!
      hahahahahahahaha!!!!
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Or maybe he misspoke and meant Viet Nam. Not being perfect, sometimes people misspeak.

I'd hate to find out the car is there and you missed out picking on the guy.....

Comment

Originally posted by bams50 View Post
          Or maybe he misspoke and meant Viet Nam. Not being perfect, sometimes people misspeak.

I'd hate to find out the car is there and you missed out picking on the guy.....
          I'm sorry, I shouldn't start teasing like that. I personally thought it was funny, thinking of that '57 I'm chasing. My bad, and thanks for pointing it out.
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

The first time I heard that story it was a '53 Corvette.

Comment

Did Studebakers come with plastic on the seats?
              Brian
              Brian Woods
              woodysrods@shaw.ca
              1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

When I pointed out the discrepency in the dates, he wrote back...

Maybe he was killed later and had served in Korea. His parents had just moved the car into a barn, where it sat until my friend's family answered an ad and were shocked when they looked under the tarp. That car had the greatest front end grill - looked like a rolls He had purchased the car before he left for duty and never came home. It was an awesome car... loved the sound of the turbo charger kicking in.

So it probably was a proto. Especially with that turbo.

John

Comment

John, you GOTTA go and see just what actually is there... or at least callhis bluff!

Maybe it's my Super Lark convertible <drool>

Comment

Hey, I'll be in Phoenix for a week. YOU go see it!

Besides, I rarely try to change their minds. I just say, "Uh-huh?" "Is that so?" "Sure didn't know that." Saves a lot of time.

John

Comment

Johnny, if I was able to go to TX from NY on a wild goose chase, I'd be in Glendale too

Comment

Let's look at it!

Barry Hackney, Stude vendor, lives in Houston. Maybe he would look at it for us? His contact is barry@studebakersite.com or his cell is: (281) 787-6230.
                        Peter Bishop

Comment

Working...
                        X