Windshield Visor For '57 Transtar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Visor For '57 Transtar

Does anyone know if a '57 Transtar ever came with a windshield visor? If so, where might I look to find one? If not, what might fit? Thanks for any help you can give.

No, no factory sunvisor. Several different aftermarket visors. You will need one that doesn't require the windshield mounted center support bracket, but rather the above windshield (top cab) mounting bracket.
    Bo

Comment

What Bo said. These were very common aftermarktet accessories in the 40s and 50s, but only a few car companies offered them as factory accessories. The windshield visor manufacturers generally offered several models, each of which would fit a number of vehicle models. Unfortunately, unless the visor is still in the box with its instructions, it will be very difficult to determine whether a given visor will fit your truck. Two parameters are important: the length of the visor must be matched to the width of the cab, and the presence or absence of a center mounting bracket and whether it was designed to fit a two-piece windshield.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

My '50 Land Cruiser had a visor, there was a bracket screwed to the body (if memory servers, a 1/8 or 3/32 rod with forged ends, chromed,) mounted above and below the windshield. the center mount bracket on the visor then mounted on this rod/bracket.

Comment

Thank you Bo, Skip and Tom.

Comment

'63 Transtar with a Visor

This custom built wide box 1 Ton Dually does have one, the only thing I would change if I should find it for sale again, would be to ditch that ugly thing, but to each his own!

If I could figure out how to enlarge this Pic from Photobucket, (it's already as big as they get there), maybe you could actually SEE the Visor! Clicking it does not make it big enough.

At least my first Pic on the new format worked, just too small.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by StudeRich; 05-28-2010, 03:54 PM.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
            X