Permanent Sign In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent Sign In?

Is there a way to sign in permanently so I don't have to sign in every time I view the forum? If I don't sign in each time I can't see pictures.

Must be a 'Remember Me" setting for it somewhere. Check settings. Mine asked me the first time, I checked 'yes', and I'm automatically signed in every time I log in.

Comment

Most forums have a time limit for someone being logged, like 2 weeks or a month or something, after which you will be automatically logged off. Mr. Shaw spoke of something on this in another thread. But, as far as I know, as long as you don't log out at the end of a session, you'll be logged in when you next visit the forum. I haven't logged in a second time since the new forum came on line.

Comment

StudeMichael

I use IE 8 (yeah I know all the comments) but by just clicking on the
        big Red X, in the top right corner of the page, that will close my window
        and will allow me to stay logged in for whatever time the forum will allow!
        With the old forum and the same procedure, I would get logged out,
        automatically every couple of months!

Hope this helps

Comment

Probably depends on your server. I have Firefox and IE. Both gave the "remember me" option when I signed on. You may need to go in to your server options/settings to enable that.
          I also have the Forum saved in Favorites/Bookmarks. One click and I'm here.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I get un-logged if I leave the browser open and idle on the forum for some time. I've not tried to time it but it seems to be something like 10 or 15 min perhaps. That said, have not checked the remember me box to see what happens.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Working...
            X