Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigsy, here's a Rambler for you

Bob,

This thing is calling your name. Too bad about the aborted engine transplant.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

I thought it was Leonard who was the Nash/Rambler fan. This one sports the Nash front end. Those rear wing windows open too! Nice car... once.[B)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I thought it was Leonard who was the Nash/Rambler fan. This one sports the Nash front end. Those rear wing windows open too! Nice car... once.[B)]

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Ron Smith

Comment

quote:I thought it was Leonard who was the Nash/Rambler fan. This one sports the Nash front end. Those rear wing windows open too! Nice car... once.
        I actually do like those 56 Ramblers and I looked at this one on eBay, but the more I looked, I got very scarred. There is way too much work to do on this one, not to mention if it is cobbled up to get the SBC in there.

The only way I would think of buying a Rambler is if it was in the condition that this one is in. I had to keep myself from bidding on it[]

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:I thought it was Leonard who was the Nash/Rambler fan. This one sports the Nash front end. Those rear wing windows open too! Nice car... once.
          I actually do like those 56 Ramblers and I looked at this one on eBay, but the more I looked, I got very scarred. There is way too much work to do on this one, not to mention if it is cobbled up to get the SBC in there.

The only way I would think of buying a Rambler is if it was in the condition that this one is in. I had to keep myself from bidding on it[]

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I DO like Rammers! I've owned a fair number of them thru the years. But about 12 years ago, I came to the conclusion that it was TOO MUCH to try and keep TWO different orphan makes on their feet and I just liked Studes more!

I love that hardtop, Leonard! My dream ride (in an AMC) would be a 57 Ambassador Hardtop![:0][]

BTW, this wagon on ebay - I've seen BETTER examples in junkyards out here. Much better!

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I DO like Rammers! I've owned a fair number of them thru the years. But about 12 years ago, I came to the conclusion that it was TOO MUCH to try and keep TWO different orphan makes on their feet and I just liked Studes more!

I love that hardtop, Leonard! My dream ride (in an AMC) would be a 57 Ambassador Hardtop![:0][]

BTW, this wagon on ebay - I've seen BETTER examples in junkyards out here. Much better!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I've a friend who has one of these in pink and silver. The upholstry has a tooled saddle leather look to it. It's dried out and very brittle. Still, the rest of the car is in excellent shape, except for the missing engine and tranny, and there isn't a scratch or dent on it anywhere. Ray keeps saying he's going to put a shove-it-or-leave-it under the hood someday.

The one mentioned here might make someone a good parts car...[8)]

That hardtop is geooooooorgeous! It's also the same colour as Ray's wagon.

Lotsa Larks!
                Ron Smith
                Ron Smith

Comment

I've a friend who has one of these in pink and silver. The upholstry has a tooled saddle leather look to it. It's dried out and very brittle. Still, the rest of the car is in excellent shape, except for the missing engine and tranny, and there isn't a scratch or dent on it anywhere. Ray keeps saying he's going to put a shove-it-or-leave-it under the hood someday.

The one mentioned here might make someone a good parts car...[8)]

That hardtop is geooooooorgeous! It's also the same colour as Ray's wagon.

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Ron Smith

Comment

Working...
                  X