10 day weather outlook and Gas prices along I 10 & I 40 from CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 day weather outlook and Gas prices along I 10 & I 40 from CA

For those who are making the trip, the latest 10 day weather out look, though June 1, is as follows:

Be prepared with the most accurate 10-day forecast for Phoenix, AZ with highs, lows, chance of precipitation from The Weather Channel and Weather.com

The gas prices are at least $3.79 in Blythe (on the I-10) and Needles (I-40) CA. My suggestion is if you can, fill up in Palm Springs and then Quartizite AZ (I-10) and the same for Barstow then at exit 9 Arizona (I-40) as the price per gallon is $1.00 less, in the area of $2.75. This is based on a "hot shot"run to Mohave, CA and back Friday and Sat. just passed. The price of gas continues to fall almost daily, in the "Zone."
    Last edited by glen; 05-23-2010, 08:50 AM.

I hope you are right about the price of fuel but if past years are any indication the price has consistently risen the week preceding Independence day. I am glad we are coming from the east as prices here are hovering around 2.61 and 8 cents less than that across the river in Iowa.
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Thanks Glen, Hoping the gas prices and the temperatures continue to drop!
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

We all know that the price of gas is "fickled" at best.....the recent events in Europe,
        has taken it's toll on the price per barrell of oil, as investors are now putting money
        into Gold! With all of that and several reports in the "Arizona Republic" and
        the "Tuscon Daily Star", concerning the price of gas, I can only state what I see on
        the personal level. While it may show a little increase, due to what Frank41 says, it
        will never compare to what Blythe and Needles charge.....as they are "got you"
        towns! In the last week, in the town closest to me, Chino Valley, 28 miles away, the
        Safeway depot has dropped about .13 cents a gallon for unleaded, to now $2.75,
        with diesel jucie, just at $3.00.

So I guess no matter what the price may be in "ZONE", it should provide some relief
        to our California friends.

As far as the weather......just be glad the event is not being held in July! Just use a good sun screen and wear a big wide brim hat.......Besides that, no camel sightings as of yet!
        Last edited by glen; 05-23-2010, 12:04 PM.

Comment

You hit the nail on the head when you say "got you" towns Glen.
          Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
          1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
          1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Forecast for Saturday through Saturday is "Sunny"!
            Lowest high temp appears to be 94 but "it's a dry heat" so consume lots of liquids.

I'll be thinking about you and following your posts here. Have some fun for me.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
            X