66 Daytona project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 66 Daytona project

Finally have everything done on the car , just waiting for Don Simmons to make me up front pipes and she'll be done !
    Washed up the '64 today for a cruise tonight and I gave the 66 its 1st bath , looking forward to driving this car .

....still trying to figure out these pics on here, at least we still can do it the old way .
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Would you mind sharing your vin number & body number with me. I'm trying to put together a registry for all 66 cars. you can email me at miso7@wabash.net if you like. I have two '66 commanders.
    thanks,
    Mike Sal

Comment

Mike I will send you the info . You are taking on a big registry possible doing all '66s I have started doing a Daytona only one and am at 14 so far. Sometimes its hard to get owners to send you info . Good luck.
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks Bob. As there were only 8,935 cars built, and I'll guess only 1/3 of them still exist, it shouldn't be too hard (Aren't computers wonderful....if I just knew how to use them....). I got all the cars from Mark's Cruiser registry, and a couple from contacts I've made thru the roster, so I'm near 20 cars so far. I have original info on 4 others (from printed material) but don't know if the cars are still alive or not.

Once I get some help getting a formal registry set up on line, I'll have the link to it posted so people can find it. One of my comanders has been in SDC for a long time, but the other had been hidden away for the last 30 years.
        Mike Sal

Comment

Who says you can't run open manifolds
          Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
          Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
          Lizella, GA

Comment

Mike I can get you 5 or 6 1966 numbers tomorrow that I have if you like. A couple of Commanders. A Daytona, and a couple of Cruisers

Tom
            sigpic

Comment

There are at least 2 in Manitoba. Jim Waldie has a Green Cruiser email: jtwalde@mts.net. Has been in the family since new.
              Barrie Brooks from Winnipeg has another green 66. No email available.

T-cab
              Last edited by T-CAB; 05-21-2010, 08:29 PM. Reason: wron email address

Comment

Tom , if you could can you get me the numbers , location , owner , color of that Daytona you mentioned ?
                Last edited by 2R5; 05-22-2010, 02:36 AM. Reason: spelling
                sigpic

Comment

Bob B.

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                  Finally have everything done on the car , just waiting for Don Simmons to make me up front pipes and she'll be done !
                  Bob - Lookin' good, but I'm still trying to figure out why you started this thread with an "unhappy" face.
                  Mark Hayden
                  '66 Commander

Comment

Mark , I'm just not used to this new forum yet....don't know what I did to put that up there ???
                    sigpic

Comment

A job for Bob????

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                      Mark , I'm just not used to this new forum yet....don't know what I did to put that up there ???
                      There's a radio button (called post icons) you can select below your text when posting... maybe we'll have to convince Bob Shaw to provide "Forum Lessons" at Glendale.

Or maybe not, we don't want him to run off screaming into the night!
                      Mark Hayden
                      '66 Commander

Comment

Just how do you put those pics up on the left corner ....I'd like to know ????
                        sigpic

Comment

Thanks guys for the help in getting some more cars registered. I think it will be nice to have all of the last year cars on one list after all these years.
                          Mike Sal
                          miso7@wabash.net

Comment

My 66 Daytona project. January picture.

Tom
                            sigpic

Comment

Tom , I see we have your on the registry , was original Mountroyal Red ?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X