Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7K, partial supercharger kit

JDP Maryland

Just a tad expensive, and only a couple of years off on the application. Pretty good, actually, compared to some of the eBay listings I have seen!
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Are they actually worth that much?
      Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
      1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

If that sells for that price, it will quickly be followed by my complete, running, rebuilt R2 engine. I will then take that money and go into business buying decent supercharged Studes, selling the SC parts and scrapping the rest.

Hate to break up SC cars, but if those are the prices I couldn't afford not to!

Short answer to Dylan: NOT EVEN.

Comment

Actually JP is exaggerating. I just checked, and it's only $6195 plus $56.72 shipping. That's MUCH better.

I promise, if I can get that much for mine, I'll throw in the shipping for free

Comment

Whew! Thats good! I'm a huge fan of 57's (More so than SN-60s in some ways), and I was getting nervous!
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Wow! You R-2 owner/fans are too rich for me.

Makes me glad I have just a R-1.
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

That's a vintage kit with a modern Novi supercharger kit pricetag.
                1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBrownR2 View Post
                  That's a vintage kit with a modern Novi supercharger kit pricetag.
                  Maybe $7K for a Paxton Novi 2000 for a Dodge Viper but the Paxton Novi 1000 for Mustang 5.0L (which I considered) for my Avanti is about $2300.

Instead I'm going with a Myer's rebuilt Paxton Sn-60 with custom helix impeller and NASA spec quality ball bearings for under a $1000 and Mike says it will boost in the 10 psi range.
                  sigpic
                  John
                  63R-2386
                  Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

An to think I have all that money sitting in a box in my pole barn.

Comment

Maybe $7K for a Paxton Novi 2000 for a Dodge Viper but the Paxton Novi 1000 for Mustang 5.0L (which I considered) for my Avanti is about $2300.

Instead I'm going with a Myer's rebuilt Paxton Sn-60 with custom helix impeller and NASA spec quality ball bearings for under a $1000 and Mike says it will boost in the 10 psi range.
                      Well here's a newsflash for you, 07-08 Mustang Supercharger kit for 4.6L with Novi 2200 SL. The whole works included in the kit, all the assembly hardware, and all new components included:

$5189.99

If you really wanna play, you're gonna have to pay......
                      1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Well here's a newsflash for you, 07-08 Mustang Supercharger kit for 4.6L with Novi 2200 SL. The whole works included in the kit, all the assembly hardware, and all new components included:

$5189.99

I wonder if that Novi 2200 would work on my 1998 F-150 4.6L ..... OK at +$5K my wondering is over
                        sigpic
                        John
                        63R-2386

Comment

$5189.99

I wonder if that Novi 2200 would work on my 1998 F-150 4.6L ..... OK at +$5K my wondering is over
                          sigpic
                          John
                          63R-2386

Comment

Wouldn't that Paxton Novi just be a bolt-on for a Stude...they're all Ford 289's aren't they?
                            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

This blower set up is different than the ones used on the Golden Hawks. This is a McCulloch engineered kit not production Studebaker.
                              John McCussak(sp) an LA area dealer used these kits on several 55 Speedsters.
                              Still too rich for me.
                              Bez Auto Alchemy
                              573-318-8948
                              http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                              X