Studebaker stylest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker stylest

Here's a interview with Robert Andrews, part of which talks about his work for Studebaker. ( From the Studebaker news Group)

64 Commander-64 Daytona
    64 GT R2 clone-63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert-63
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Thank you for posting that, what a wonderful story! I hated that it ended.

Randy_G
    South Bend or Bust 2007!
    God I miss chrome on cars.

Comment

Thank you for posting that, what a wonderful story! I hated that it ended.

Randy_G
      South Bend or Bust 2007!
      God I miss chrome on cars.

Comment

Me too, the more I read about Studebaker, the sadder I feel to think they went out of the Auto Business. I was looking at a 1964 Canadian Brochure "Here's what they say about Studebaker, A report from 3108 Studebaker Customers" today and two comments really struck home though I realize the Corporation didn't have much cash at the time -
        "If people would look into Studebaker before they buy, Studebaker could not build enough cars" and "I firmly believe Studebaker could be one of the hottest selling cars in America, regardless of the move to Canada, if they would simply promote it. It could be big, if only they would advertise it."

John Clements
        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
        Lockleys South Australia
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Me too, the more I read about Studebaker, the sadder I feel to think they went out of the Auto Business. I was looking at a 1964 Canadian Brochure "Here's what they say about Studebaker, A report from 3108 Studebaker Customers" today and two comments really struck home though I realize the Corporation didn't have much cash at the time -
          "If people would look into Studebaker before they buy, Studebaker could not build enough cars" and "I firmly believe Studebaker could be one of the hottest selling cars in America, regardless of the move to Canada, if they would simply promote it. It could be big, if only they would advertise it."

John Clements
          Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I just finished reading this. That was truly wonderful insight! One thing that came out in this interview reinforces an opinion I've had for quite a while: that if Sherwood Egbert had not become ill and had remained at the help of Studebaker, he might actually have been able to turn things around. He brought fresh thinking and new ideas to the company, and there's no doubt that his charismatic personality would have enabled him to keep the ball rolling. At the very least, they might have made it into the
            '70s.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I just finished reading this. That was truly wonderful insight! One thing that came out in this interview reinforces an opinion I've had for quite a while: that if Sherwood Egbert had not become ill and had remained at the help of Studebaker, he might actually have been able to turn things around. He brought fresh thinking and new ideas to the company, and there's no doubt that his charismatic personality would have enabled him to keep the ball rolling. At the very least, they might have made it into the
              '70s.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
              X