PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Gustav

blackhawk61
08-31-2008, 06:24 PM
Wish everyone in the La./SE Texas area the very best during the storm. Let us know how You are.

1961 Hawk 4BC,4-SPEED,TT
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/chevpartsman/61HawkChevypartsmanreduce.jpg
Ken Byrd
Lewisville,NC

dictator27
08-31-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm with you, Ken, but you better look out yourself. It looks like Hurricane Hannah may go up the US East Coast.

Terry Godkin
Surrey, British Columbia

jnewkirk77
08-31-2008, 09:03 PM
We're an evacuation state here in KY, too, Dave ... our Red Cross chapter is expecting maybe 250 folks, maybe more. Only bad part of that here in Owensboro is that our big 300-room hotel down on the riverfront closed two months ago, but I think we'll manage somehow.

My prayers are with EVERYONE -- "those a-leavin' and those a-helpin' out" -- as Gustav marches on.

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

52 Ragtop
08-31-2008, 10:59 PM
As Dave said, "This thing looks bad" but, there are also 2 more Named Storms "brewing" Looks bad for New Orleans again! If fact, The Indianapolis Colts are letting the Saints practice at the new Lucas Oil Stadium this week!

I will also be heading down to Birmingham Al. for a staging area, then heading to where the Ins. Co. sends us.

Jim

JRoberts
09-01-2008, 07:50 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to all who live along the Gulf Coast and for those who are going into the area to help.

I've been looking at Hannah and one track has her coming right through Fayetteville. I guess I'd better get the generator cranked up before she comes my way.

We're supposed to head to my daughter's Thursday, but as she and her family are located between Georgetown and Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, we all may be running for cover elsewhere.

Joe Roberts
'61 R1 Champ
'65 Cruiser
Editor of "The Down Easterner"
Eastern North Carolina Chapter