Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Source for missing'50 windshield trim clip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source for missing'50 windshield trim clip?

Anyone know if someone stocks a clip for holding the stainless trim together at the top center? Boris came with the piece missing, and I haven't found it so far at any of the vendors.

Paul

1950 Land Cruiser project

I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
    1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Might be a stupid suggestion (I have a million of them...)

But you might ask a large local windshield replacemt outfit...the part might be universal...or they might have one that would work.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Might be a stupid suggestion (I have a million of them...)

But you might ask a large local windshield replacemt outfit...the part might be universal...or they might have one that would work.

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Paul,

E-mail me your mailing address.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Paul,

E-mail me your mailing address.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Great idea. I've had five windshiled replacements done since living in Michigan, all by the same shop. (lot's of stones in the roads around here.) It couldn't hurt to ask.

Mr. Biggs, replied in email. Thanks.

Paul

Comment

Great idea. I've had five windshiled replacements done since living in Michigan, all by the same shop. (lot's of stones in the roads around here.) It couldn't hurt to ask.

Mr. Biggs, replied in email. Thanks.

Paul

Comment

Take it from me--it is not a universal part (18+ years in autoglass). ALTHOUGH: I don't have one here to look at, but you might ask a autoglass shop to look at a LJC848. After they stare at you in silence for two minutes, tell them you would like to see the center chrome clip out of a WLS848. This is the "chrome" lock-strip used in 73-87 GM pickup windshields. Might do in a pinch.
                BETTER YET: I bought two of these clips at the Sacramento Int'l meet a few years ago. I think it was Stephen Allen's, but not 100% on that. Anyway, they had a whole box full of these, so I bought a couple spares. Part # should be 278624.

KURT
                (read it backwards)
                KURTRUK
                (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Take it from me--it is not a universal part (18+ years in autoglass). ALTHOUGH: I don't have one here to look at, but you might ask a autoglass shop to look at a LJC848. After they stare at you in silence for two minutes, tell them you would like to see the center chrome clip out of a WLS848. This is the "chrome" lock-strip used in 73-87 GM pickup windshields. Might do in a pinch.
                  BETTER YET: I bought two of these clips at the Sacramento Int'l meet a few years ago. I think it was Stephen Allen's, but not 100% on that. Anyway, they had a whole box full of these, so I bought a couple spares. Part # should be 278624.

KURT
                  (read it backwards)
                  KURTRUK
                  (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                  X