PDA

View Full Version : Nissan buyout

dictator27
07-30-2008, 09:00 PM
Heard today that Nissan is offering a buyout to employees at their Tennessee plant?

Terry Godkin
Surrey, British Columbia

cabrina
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Just heard official word today. My brother, Richard, has worked there since the plant opened. Rumors have been circulating for months. Another nail in Middle Tennessee's local economy. My brother, Robert's plant is closing at the end of August. Whirlpool.

Cabrina Dieters
Murfreesboro TN

cabrina
07-30-2008, 10:18 PM
http://www.newschannel5.com/global/story.asp?s=8761620

Dick works on the hybrid Altima line.

Cabrina Dieters
Murfreesboro TN

08-02-2008, 01:12 PM
I hate to see this as much as any other plant closing, but it should point out to everyone that even the foreign captive plants aren't immune to closings, or that foreign companies do not have some Star Trek type deflector shield that protects them from the same forces that GM, Ford and Chrysler operate under.

The real story will be how Toyota runs their new truck plant in Texas the next few years. Toyota doesn't report separate financials for North American operations, but you can bet if they did, they wouldn't look too pretty right now. I know they are scrambling to realign the product mix coming out of their Kentucky and Indiana facilities right now. They wouldn't be doing that if what they were doing now was working for them.

Kevin Wolford
Plymouth, IN

55 Champion
60 Lark VI Conv.
63 Avanti R1