This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this Stuff

These two bottles, have no directions. The back of each bottle clearly states, Not To Be Sold To General Public (didn't he lead a charge somewhere?)...... to be applied by trained technician. I cannot figure out what they are used for

Thanks

Proud owner of the Hawk from Hell

BG.
    If not mistaken.. that is a Heinz Catsup bottle in the rear.
    If these items are stored in the pantry I would not assume they are edible.....? Sorry[B)]

'49 Champion Starlight Coupe
    1936 Miller Replica/ Stude driveline
    Fond du Lac,Wisconsin

Comment

Bondo,

The directions for the Kar Kleen are on the label, but on the side that is against the glass. You peel the label off to read the directions. No big deal in the '50s, but probably something you don't want to do to one of probably only 4 or 5 in existence<G>!

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Ya know - I've heard of mayonnaise being used as a cleaner. And that Kar Kleen bottle looks alot like a old jar of Kraft mayo! I say "old" because it sports a metal lid.
        If ya buy it, Bill. I'd advise you don't use it as a sandwich spread.[xx(]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by r1lark
          but probably something you don't want to do to one of probably only 4 or 5 in existence<G>!

Paul

Thanks, any idea on the other. It uses the early 40's type script. Was it a polish, or a compund, or a paint additive? I have never seen another bottle of it offered anywhere.

Bill

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Walt Zander

BG.
            If not mistaken.. that is a Heinz Catsup bottle in the rear.
            If these items are stored in the pantry I would not assume they are edible.....? Sorry[B)]

I knew after I took the photo that some one would pick up the Ketchup bottle. I was eating lunch when I shot the photo.

Bill

Comment

[quote]quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

Originally posted by r1lark
              but probably something you don't want to do to one of probably only 4 or 5 in existence<G>!

Paul

Thanks, any idea on the other. It uses the early 40's type script. Was it a polish, or a compund, or a paint additive? I have never seen another bottle of it offered anywhere.

Bill

Sorry Bill, no idea on the other one. Seems like I saw a bottle like this on eBay a few years ago, and bid a bunch on it but lost out. Maybe I was bidding against you!<G>

Are you coming to the NCSDC Tri-State Meet in Asheville next month?

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
              Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Found it! The only place I saw it was in two different 1951 accessory booklets. The version on the right also appears in a 1950 AC booklet. I don't have 1949 or 1952 booklets, so I can't say if they show it. It is not mentioned in the price books either. This was a fairly popular treatment in the early '50's. I think some car makers called it 'porcelainizing'.

Dwain G.
                Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

This was a fairly popular treatment in the early '50's. I think some car makers called it 'porcelainizing'.

Dwain G.
                  [/quote]

I remember the term porcelainiizing, from my "youdth". I have to find the bill of sale/invoice for my dad's 56 Sky Hawk. I think that car had it applied. He had the Sky Hawk for 3 months then had his 2nd heart attack, and the doctors said no more manual steering, When he got out of the hospital, he traded in the Sky Hawk for a Golden Hawk, because it was the ONLY Hawk in Westchester County that had Power Steering.

He took a real "bath" on that deal. The GH which we have the Bill of Sale from Mt. Kisco Motors, came to $4706.00. That was a hell of a lot of money in 56.

Thanks very much for the information.

Bill

Comment

Are you coming to the NCSDC Tri-State Meet in Asheville next month?

Paul

I wish we could. but as you know, I got the contract fo two years to run the SDC store. With The National coming up, we are spending every spare moment working on the BB and the SDC stores. while two months seems like a long time, I have less than 10 days to ge my ads in for both BB and the SDC for Oct. and possibly November. Plus I have to stay put and make sure the suppliers get product here in time, or can meet the deadline to split ship to here and Omaha.

Unfortnately the Hawk from Hell is a wounded bird. Backing up to get on to Gary Hallgren's driveway at his new home in Mass. I hit a rock, which pushed the entire left side exhaust forward, cracking the exhaust pipe just below the exhaust manifold, and ripped the rear support off the car. Gary, and Ellen, and John Cohoe got down uunder the car and wired up the exhaust pipes to places I have yet to discover.

Right now, the car sounds like a radial engine, not even a "hot rod" sound, but an unmuffled beast.

Maybe next year, Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

Billy G........I wish I had more energy

Comment

Easy to have more energy..............lower the price of your products, which will stimulate more sales, which in the end will produce more gross income, which will equal more cash in your pocket ...to spend on your Hawk From Hell..........

Comment

Billy says he already loses money on every sale.......it's just the volume that keeps him in business!

Dwain G.
                        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Hmm...........The Donald claims the same thing re: his buildings![][]

Comment

, which in the end will produce more gross income, which will equal more cash in your pocket ...to spend on your Hawk From Hell..........
                            [/quote]Your right, its a GROSS income, now I got to learn how to make money

Comment

Take me to that promissed land, brother!

Comment

Working...
                              X