This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling my 60 Hamilton Hawk

Now that Im pretty sure Ive got the transmission problems sorted out with a fluid change and adjustment (no slipping now), I feel confident enough to try her on E-Bay. The reason is just that Im bored with her,Ive had her for going on four years and I can't seem to get motivated to do much more with her. I want an early Lark ragtop badly and would like to have the money in hand to buy the nicest one that turns up. So,I think Ill put my great ol friend the Hamilton Hawk on E-Bay next week. Shes no trailer queen by any means,but is a pretty nice driver that needs a new headliner and some small stuff fixed. We drove her all over Newfoundland last summer and she never missed a beat. I think Ill put a 10k reserve on her and see what happens. This has absolutly NOTHING to do with the fact that Harley-Davidsons coming out with a 96 cu in. twin cam and six speed next summer(G). I still have my 63 cruiser so I won't get kicked out of the fraternity or anything, will I?

How 'bout a pic or 2 for those of us who have no idea what a "Hamilton Hawk" is? [)]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Heres the only two I have here at work(on photobucket). They were takin last month at the Canada day show and shine in our little village. Don't know who the little batton twriler is.

Comment

Don't know who the little batton twriler is.

Damn! That reminds me of memories from South Bend in 1983! The elevator in the Americana Hotel (now the Holiday Inn) was full of them spinning those stupid things in such a confined space!! Seems the city in its wisdom scheduled a baton twirler meet at the same time as that year's SDC International!

Craig.

Comment

Transtar ...thats a beauty ! That look good in my driveway

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
          sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Damn! That reminds me of memories from South Bend in 1983! The elevator in the Americana Hotel (now the Holiday Inn) was full of them spinning those stupid things in such a confined space!! Seems the city in its wisdom scheduled a baton twirler meet at the same time as that year's SDC International!

Craig.
            I remember that all too well, Craig. I remember that the day before the concours, Al Anderson and I were helping Art Southworth detail his '60 Lark ragtop in the hotel parking lot. It was hotter than Hades, had to be 96 in the shade. Not 10 yards from us was this little baton twirler girl doing her routine out in the full sun, while her plump mama reclined in a lounge chair in the shade of a tree, sipping on a tall cool drink. At least Al and I were volunteers, and we could break for a cold beer when it got too hot to work. That poor little girl had no respite.

Baton twirler mothers, spawn of Satan! [}] (wait for the movie)

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

That poor little girl had no respite.

Baton twirler mothers, spawn of Satan! [}] (wait for the movie)

They now have Child Abuse Hotlines for mothers like her! []

Craig

Comment

Robert,(aka, Transtar56),
                Say it isn't so!!!. You CAN'T get rid of your Hawk now...as you say, "it's almost finished". Go ahead, do the final touches, then find a nice climate controled garage, put it in there, jack it up on stands, put a cover over it and forget it for a while. Save your $'s search & find that Lark soft top you desire and start on it. Don't give up all of that hard work you invested in the Hawk! When you get a little low, go drag out the ole' trusty lady and take her for a spin.
                You would be supprised how quick that fires up the old incentive to press on with the Lark. Trust me...it works. Don't let someone else take advantage of all the hard work you put into the Hawk. Ask me how I know. BTDT...always wished I had the previous car back.[B)]
                Dan

Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Craig.
                  I remember that well. I believe that I was there with my '53 Commander Starliner. I think that all of the major hotels/motels were nearly full of baton twirlers that year. Besides throwing their batons high into the air around a lot of show cars, they also occupied many of the motel rooms. I was first a Director on the SDC Board in 1985. I considered it a requirement that SDC and the twirlers' convention do not have the same week in South Bend.

Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY
                  1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
                  1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Still curious as to why it's called the "Hamilton Hawk"...

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

It was one of the 220 Hawks built in Hamilton Ontario in 1960.
                      Dan,I understand where your coming from but Ive never regretted much of anything Ive ever sold or done,things just always seem to work out for the best. I can't even get up the enthusiasm to install the new dash pad,so I guess Ive just lost interest in the car. Another will come along.

Comment

Working...
                      X