This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Production Order

I ordered the production order from the SNM for my 63 Lark about 3 weeks ago. I see they haven't charged my credit card yet and I haven't received anything. Should I be concerned? Is there a backlog of requests? I know they mentioned foreign orders take longer and I am in Canada. I have to admit I was a bit frustrated with the girl who took my order. She sounded quite young and had a hard time understanding I wasn't in the U.S. Her: "What state did you say you were in?". Me: "Ontario, that's in Canada". Her: "Oh..What's your ZIP?" Me: "My Postal Code is N5V 1Y1". Her: "85 what?"....[}]

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

quote:Originally posted by tstclr

I ordered the production order from the SNM for my 63 Lark about 3 weeks ago. I see they haven't charged my credit card yet and I haven't received anything. Should I be concerned? Is there a backlog of requests? I know they mentioned foreign orders take longer and I am in Canada. I have to admit I was a bit frustrated with the girl who took my order. She sounded quite young and had a hard time understanding I wasn't in the U.S. Her: "What state did you say you were in?". Me: "Ontario, that's in Canada". Her: "Oh..What's your ZIP?" Me: "My Postal Code is N5V 1Y1". Her: "85 what?"....[}]

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
    I've ordered several. It usually takes 4-8 weeks. They do a great job, but are volunteers there. I've called on an overdue order and they were able to tell me the status and approximately when I would get it.

Even if it takes a couple of months, we are sure lucky to ba able to get these for our Studes.

BTW, Todd...what state is Ontario in again? [)] (funny how us Yanks know next to nothing about Canada's geography and history and every Canadian I've met knows US history and geography better than most Americans).

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
      Todd...what state is Ontario in again?
      Dick,

Ontario, also known as the home of the great Canadian tractor and farm implement manufacturer, Cockshutt. At one time I had about a dozen of them and still have 5 in my collection.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
      1948 M-16 grain truck
      1949 2R16A grain truck
      1949 2R17A fire truck
      1955 E-38 grain truck
      1957 3E-40 flatbed
      1961 6E-28 grain truck
      1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
      1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
      1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
      1964 Cruiser
      And various other "treasures"
      Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Having grown up and lived next to Ontario for most of my life, I can only say nice things. The best is watching 'Hockey Night in Canada' off the CBC feed on Wednesdays and Saturdays. The Windsor Ballet isn't bad either, eh? [}]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
        Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
        LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
        Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
        1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
          I've ordered several. It usually takes 4-8 weeks. They do a great job, but are volunteers there. I've called on an overdue order and they were able to tell me the status and approximately when I would get it.

Even if it takes a couple of months, we are sure lucky to ba able to get these for our Studes.

BTW, Todd...what state is Ontario in again? [)] (funny how us Yanks know next to nothing about Canada's geography and history and every Canadian I've met knows US history and geography better than most Americans).

From a foreign perspective it often appears that Americans know nothing about anywhere but America. You are after all still using the antiquated Imperial Measurement System, we went Metric 36 years ago back in 1973. Easy once you get used to it, though the temperature takes a little while to adjust to - as the numbers are smaller eg 37.5C = 100F. Litres (sorry Liters roughly 1qt) instead of Gallons and Kilograms (2lb 2oz) instead of Pounds. Maybe one day you'll catch up

John Clements
          Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
          Lockleys South Australia
          John Clements
          Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

ONTARIO, CANADA....

Location of the City of Hamilton, Ontario..(and only 25 minutes West of Toronto on the North shore of beautiful Lake Ontario)..

The home town of STUDEBAKER CANADA..

Regards from all us Ontario Canuks !!!

Studee64
            Barry Leppan
            Ontario, Canada
            64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
            GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Comment

Our beer ain't to bad either

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
              sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover
                From a foreign perspective it often appears that Americans know nothing about anywhere but America.
                Sad but true. But...I've been to Sydney and loved it (just not enough Studebakers )

Dick Steinkamp
                Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantiloverFrom a foreign perspective it often appears that Americans know nothing about anywhere but America. You are after all still using the antiquated Imperial Measurement System, we went Metric 36 years ago back in 1973.
                  I remember Jimmy Carter announcing to the nation that we would adopt the Metric System in - when was it? 1977? - and everyone laughing. Hard. YOu never heard so many jokes. They tried teaching it in schools, of course, but to no avail. The only major corporation that made even a halfway attempt was Shell Oil; they converted all their pumps to Liters... and all the old people hollared because they were sure they were being overcharged compared to gallons. Lasted about a year

America may never change on that one.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                  '63 Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:I remember Jimmy Carter announcing to the nation that we would adopt the Metric System in - when was it? 1977? - and everyone laughing. Hard.
                    I will regret saying this, but other than that idiotic prediction, I thought Jimmy did a pretty good job... given the situation. I still see no reason to convert... other than the fact that it seems we have no choice.

sigpic
                    Dave Lester

Comment

I think the biggest laugh I had was a few years ago while vacationing in Myrtle Beach. It was about 78 degrees and while riding the elevator up to our hotel room, another guest with a strong southern drawl asked us where we were from. After I told her we were from (at the time) London, Ontario, about 90 minutes from Toronto, she said "I bet you aren't used to this warm weather, are y'all". Yep, my igloo would have melted in that weather! Later, I had to call home. I got the AT&T operator and asked to make a collect call to Ontario, Canada (I didn't say London, Ontario) and she replied "I'm sorry, I am unable to do collect calls OVERSEAS". Lake Erie is big, but I wouldn't call it "overseas"![]
                      That's ok. I think there are just as many folks up here who haven't got a clue about the world around us!
                      Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by avantilover
                        From a foreign perspective it often appears that Americans know nothing about anywhere but America.
                        Sad but true. But...I've been to Sydney and loved it (just not enough Studebakers )

I'll post some info on that, but I think they were rather expensive. The Packard hawk was here too I saw in a magazine, however it was the most expensive car at the time so didn't sell well either I should imagine. The fact they stopped making them didn't help either

John Clements
                        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
                        Lockleys South Australia
                        John Clements
                        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I had to call home. I got the AT&T operator and asked to make a collect call to Ontario, Canada (I didn't say London, Ontario) and she replied "I'm sorry, I am unable to do collect calls OVERSEAS". Lake Erie is big, but I wouldn't call it "overseas"![]
                          That's ok. I think there are just as many folks up here who haven't got a clue about the world around us!
                          Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
                          AT&T sure has come down since the days it really was Ma Bell. We can thank them for the direct-distance dialing, area codes (long before we could dial them ourselves), plus much of the telecommunications technology we take for granted. AT&T considered the US and Canada one country for telephone purposes -- a glance at a map of area codes will tell you that. We are the only two countries that share the same telephone country code ("1"), though we don't think of it as such, since we have to use it just to call a neighboring state / province. From here in DC, a call to the Yukon Territory takes no more digits than a call to rural Maryland.

Skip Lackie
                          Skip Lackie

Comment

63 Lark 2dr Sedan
                            [/quote]

AT&T sure has come down since the days it really was Ma Bell. We can thank them for the direct-distance dialing, area codes (long before we could dial them ourselves), plus much of the telecommunications technology we take for granted. AT&T considered the US and Canada one country for telephone purposes -- a glance at a map of area codes will tell you that. We are the only two countries that share the same telephone country code ("1"), though we don't think of it as such, since we have to use it just to call a neighboring state / province. From here in DC, a call to the Yukon Territory takes no more digits than a call to rural Maryland.

Well, even placeing a call to England or Australia is a piece of cake now. You dial 011+ the Country Code and then the number, all without operator assistence. I ordered a book from Australia a couple of years ago, and they messed up, so I thought I'd bite the bullet and call them and prepare myself for a $20 long distance charge. Was I surprised when the call was only $3.66 when the bill came in the mail. Now if I have to do any ordering of anything overseas, I will phone over since long distance is so cheap now!!

Craig

Comment

wher doyasuppose they came up with the name of that tractor????????

Comment

Working...
                              X