This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairfield Mint 1937 Studebaker Hearse

Lack of more shelf space and a woeful lack of energy to DUST has pretty well ended my 1:24 scale car and truck collecting. The ones I have I like but there haven't been many new ones added in the last few years but I always try to buy one rendition of a new Studebaker scale model when they are introduced. I just received the Fairfield Mint's latest catalog (along with a sticker on the front that says this will be my last issue if I fail to order anything). Anyhow, on page 15 there is a new model, it's a 1937 Studebaker Hearse with a Superior Coachworks body. It looks good and even comes with a teenie tiny pine box and a floral wreath and stand. Goulish to some and maybe not a good buy for the kiddies, but it is a Studebaker. Price is an affordable $79.98. My question: does anyone on the forum have this newest model and if so, is it nice and worth the price?

P.S. There is also a 1921 Model T Carved Hearse in the same catalog for any morticians on this forum who might be interested!

Studedude1961
    --1963 Cruiser

John....any chance on scanning that pic for us ?

HOME of THE FRIED GREEN TOMATO
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I got the same (unsolicited) catalog myself~ with the same threatening sticker on the front~ Now I know where it came from!!! I don't have any of these models, though~ sorry.

StudeDave [8D]
      V/P San Diego County SDC
      San Diego, Ca

'54 Commander 4dr
      '57 Parkview (it's a 2dr wagon...)
      '57 Commander 2dr
      '57 Champion 2dr
      '58 Packard sedan
      '65 Cruiser
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

This one has been out for awhile. One of our vendors at Omaha will have this model for sale and at a better price.
        Denny L

Comment

Bob you are going to make me break out in hives if I have to try and post a picture here lol. I emailed you concerning the hearse and can send you (or anyone else who is interested) a photo of the hearse taken from the Fairfield Mint catalog OR, as Denny suggests, come to Omaha and look one over at the International Meet and get a better buy.

Studedude1961
          --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Send me a pic.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President 2-dr
            1955 President State
            1951 Champion Biz cpe
            1963 Daytona project FS
            No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Try jeftoys.com. Jeff will be at the meet and has other Stude toys as well. I have purchased several in the past. Hearse is $49.95.

Denny L

Comment

Send me the pic, I'll post it.

mbstude at yahoo dot com.

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. Hazlehurst, Georgia
                63 Daytona HT
                51 2R16 dump truck
                52 Commander Starliner (will trade for another Stude <g&gt

Comment

This forum does not allow sending pics to individual members. Please email me at RJayW2@aol.com and I will reply with a photo of the hearse.

Studedude1961
                  --1963 Cruiser

Comment

I bought this hearse several months ago. It's a nice model, not quite the standards, (or price), of Danbury Mint, but you won't be disappointed. Buy it somewhere else though. I got mine off Ebay for less than $50.

Comment

Thanks for posting the link Studehawk

Studedude1961
                      --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Those of you that were at the Spokane meet last year will remember this earlier Hearse...

It was FLAWLESS []. They guy who restored it started with a complete basket case. He had a photo album of the restoration going back to recovering the body (or what was left of it) in the desert. Had to be a labor of love for sure.

He attended the GoodGuys event in Spokane with us "rodders" the weekend following the SDC Nationals and got more attention with the stock Hearse than any 15 '32 Ford highboys put together [:0][^]

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

The same car was at the Spokane "World of Wheels" show this year.
                          I love it....take off the hearse stuff and you could pass it off as an early SUV.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                          63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                          X