One Champ finds a new home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Champ finds a new home

[)]Just when I thought 5spd/OD Champs were rare, I some how bought 3 in one week. Even I had to agree with my wife that it was too many. So....I decided to sell the little yellow one I had bought up in Denver. Keith and Bonnie Borth from Boise City, Oklahoma drove down to Amarillo today to take a look. They liked what they saw and decided to adopt the yellow Champ with the cockeyed bed. They came prepared with pickup truck and trailer and hauled the little Champ home this afternoon. I got to take one last drive from where I had it stored back here to the house so Keith could load it. He didn't even need a lesson on shifting the 5spd. Amazing! The little Champ's 289 runs good. It's just going to need considerable body work or panel changing, which didn't scare Keith. And Bonnie is a good hand at upholstery, so that should be a snap. It's good to see it go to a couple who will appreciate and use it. Keith even likes the wide bed. Now I don't feel like such a "hog" with so many 5spd/OD Champs around.

[)]

Keith and Bonnie Borth

Me taking one last drive

Keith lining up on the trailer

Dead Center

2 more 5spd/OD Champs

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

I thought you were getting too many of them too Steve <g> , boy that street sure looks familiar. Did you sell him the fenders to go with the Champ?
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

I thought you were getting too many of them too Steve <g> , boy that street sure looks familiar. Did you sell him the fenders to go with the Champ?
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

[)]No, I've got other Champs needing those fenders. I'll have to hang on to those. It's good the street looks familiar, Frank. You'll have to find your way back when you can stay longer.[)]

steve blake

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

[)]No, I've got other Champs needing those fenders. I'll have to hang on to those. It's good the street looks familiar, Frank. You'll have to find your way back when you can stay longer.[)]

steve blake

Comment

We'll be back through there around the first of the year so if you find somthing up this way you can't live without (within reason) give me a jingle.
            [/quote]

steve blake

[/quote]
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

We'll be back through there around the first of the year so if you find somthing up this way you can't live without (within reason) give me a jingle.
              [/quote]

steve blake

[/quote]
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

I found a Champ today on a car lot if your interested 62.
                brownstown indiana

Erin Hays
                1961 Hawk
                1962 Lark
                1963 Wagonaire

Comment

I found a Champ today on a car lot if your interested 62.
                  brownstown indiana

Erin Hays
                  1961 Hawk
                  1962 Lark
                  1963 Wagonaire

Comment

Working...
                  X