PDA

View Full Version : Seat transplant

studeclunker
07-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Will the seats from a '57 Packard Town Sedan fit my Lark? I understand all the Studebakers from 53 to 63 used the same basic 'body tub'. That being the case, will the seats just slide right in (I hope, I hope, I hope)? There's a primo set of seats I would like to talk a junkyard operator out of in that case. I'm just looking to set up a driver and these seats look like no one has even sat in them. Well preserved/cared for.

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith

Guido
07-23-2006, 07:18 PM
Ron,

What sort of shape is the rest of the car in? Just curious before it is parted out.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
1948 M-16 grain truck
1949 2R16A grain truck
1949 2R17A fire truck
1955 E-38 grain truck
1957 3E-40 flatbed
1961 6E-28 grain truck
1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
1962 7E-7 Champ pickup
1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
1964 Cruiser
And various other "treasures"
Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond & Louisa, Va.

studeclunker
07-23-2006, 08:16 PM
So, so. They put one of those quilted covers over it and left it out in the weather. It has 'acne' all over. There is rust-through at the bottom of the roof where it meets the rear fender. There's a large piece of chrome there that may have retained water and caused it. The floor is wonderful. No carpets, easily fixable. One tail light lens missing. The driver's door panel is toast, the rest fine. Good headliner (as I recall). Dash needs a little TLC. Well cared for over all. Oh yes, it's pretty purple. Almost a lavender. For the most part, the car looks great. I've mentioned it on this site several times and no one has shown much interest. It's a nice car, very nice. My personal favourite from the fifties. If you're interested the car is located at Big M's in Williams CA. I just don't have the money for the whole car or the project it would entail.

By the by, I'm not sure the yard operator would allow the car to be parted. I was just inquiring just in case...;)
After all with the cost of upholstry...[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith