This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parts wanted

wanted: one finned brake drum, either a front with right hand threads, or a rear with left hand threads. Will trade drum with opposite threads or buy outright. (I have three drums with RH threads and a front with LH threads)

wanted: early style speedo drive assembly for a 4-speed with the correct gear for a 3.73:1 rear, or else a late style cable with same. Will trade early style speedo drive assembly with gear for a 3.31:1 rear or buy outright.

thanks,

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight

Nate,
    Do you just need the plastic driven gear for the T10 speedo, or the drive gear also? I've got a couple of T10 driven gears (experimented until I dialed in the right one). If you know the # of teeth you are looking for, I can check to see if I have that one. You can calculate the # of teeth at several web sites based on your rear end ratio and rear tire diameter. Even then, you may have to do a little trial and error. Took me 3 tries to get the speedo right on.

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick,

I just need the driven gear, but I'm looking for the whole assembly, not just the gear - I'm guessing from your post that you're using the later style cable which doesn't need the adapter assembly - anyway none of this stuff is available apparently so I'm trying to find whatever i can that will work for me.

I'll post part numbers and tooth o****s later and maybe this will make more sense...

thanks,

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight
      http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N
        I'm guessing from your post that you're using the later style cable which doesn't need the adapter assembly
        Actually, I'm using a Chevy T10 behind a Chevy engine [:0]. I didn't realize that a Studebaker T10 used an extra hunk to drive the Speedometer. I do have a stock '53-54 Speedometer in my car. I had a speedometer shop make up a cable with the right ends on it. About $30 IIRC.

The trany end looks like this...

To change the driven gear, you disconnect the speedo cable, then remove the small screw holding the clamp that holds the cable adapter in place, remove it, then pull out the driven gear and slip in a new one. For a GM car, the driven gears are pretty cheap and available at any dealer...usually in stock. Different for a Studebaker?

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
        X