This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I desperately Need Two parts

as you know I have that 47 Commander Convertible, I need the bracket and the leaf springs, plus the weights that are used as vibration dampers on 47-49 Commander only Convertibles. Any Help would be apreciated, as without them, we cannot continue the resoration on the Ragtop.

Thanks

Bill

Proud owner of the Hawk from Hell...... aka as a tow truck queen

Do you still have the C9 M15? If not, what happened to it? I'm working out a deal to get a 1945 C9.

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. Hazlehurst, Georgia
    63 Daytona HT (project, OHV 6 engine, soon to have dual exhaust)
    51 2R16 dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
    52 Commander Starliner (basket case)(will trade for another Stude <g&gt
    MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars.
    Click my name and check out "Links".

Comment

sorry i dont have parts books for those cars but have some parts if ya had the part #'s i could look

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bondobilly

as you know I have that 47 Commander Convertible, I need the bracket and the leaf springs, plus the weights that are used as vibration dampers on 47-49 Commander only Convertibles. Any Help would be apreciated, as without them, we cannot continue the resoration on the Ragtop.

Thanks

Bill

Proud owner of the Hawk from Hell...... aka as a tow truck queen
        Are you talking about the front tranverse spring or the rear springs? I have a couple seven-leaf, sheathed springs which I believe are for that vintage Commander.

[img=right]http://www.frontiernet.net/~thejohnsons/64%20Daytona%20Convertible/Copy%20of%20DaytonaConvert7-20-06.JPG[/img=right]

Paul Johnson
        '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
        '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
        Museum R-4 engine
        Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
        '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

No, Bill's talking about two "harmonic balancer" weights. They're heavy metal "fobs" on the end of a piece of spring steel. They attach to the frame rails on convertibles and convertibles only.
          The weights are part number 187978 (4 to a car - 2 to an assembly) The springs ARE actually multi-leaf (4 leaves to a side in all)Then there's a bracket to mount them to the front frame rails along with the necessary bolts to hold the balancer parts together as well as to the frame.
          Bill's been looking for these as long as I've known him. They're probably made of "unobtainium" or he'd have found them already. Of course, it never hurts to ask! One day he just MIGHT ask the right person at the right time.[^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe
          1957 President 2-dr
          1955 President State
          1951 Champion Biz cpe
          1963 Daytona project FS
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X