This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new forum policy?

Is it a new policy, or just my computer? Until this week, the SDC forum automatically recognized my computer. Posts could be made without entering my user name and password. FWIW, most other groups still automatically recognize this computer. What changed?

thnx, jv.

PackardV8

I stay "logged on" for weeks - then, one time I'll go to post a comment only to be told I'm not logged on.[?] Cookie expires? Only so long you can STAY logged on? Maybe BS will say.[^]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

JV, did you update your browser or clear your cache? Doing either of these will make that happen. Or cranking up the browser security so that cookies are not saved. You may need to go into the browser's security settings and manually specify this as a "trusted" site.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
      '63 Lark Standard

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Occassianally deleting your cookies (temporary internet files) is just as necessary as occassianally cleaning your pipes. If you don't need to occassionally relog in to the forum, your computer is probably filling it's memory with unnecessary TIFs. This can slow down a lot of applications.

If you go to Temporary Internet Files and delete them all, you will need to relog in to any groups you use, but your computer will probably work better.

Brad
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        33 Rockne 10
        51 Commander Starlight
        53 Commander Starlight
        previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Manually deleting files is slow and it's easy to miss one. There is a free down-load which gives you (at no charge) a small versatile program for deleting. It's quick and easy to use. You can find it under "ccleaner.com" and is VERY, VERY useful.

Comment

If you find your TIF folder, you can put a shortcut on your desktop. Then, anytime you want to clear it just open it, go to edit, select all, then go to file and delete; poof, they're all gone.

Brad
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            33 Rockne 10
            51 Commander Starlight
            53 Commander Starlight
            previously: 63 Cruiser, 62 Regal VI, 60 VI convertible, 50 LandCruiser
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
            X