This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Avanti Plans for the Immediate Future

One of the first things I will do is to put a new set of tires on it after I blast clean a paint the wheels. I need to get a wheel for the spare but I will directly call 1-800-JP and see what he has. Next will be a replacement oil pan gasket. Any recommendations for this part? Any out of the ordinary issues I need to be aware of before I start wrenching? I will also be ordering the Avanti shop manual,which should keep my stupid question asking to a minimum.That being said, I have some bent and broken lug bolts on the rear end. I am assuming [yeah yeah I know] that these are attached to the drums and are they difficult to replace? Thanks Richard

Richard,
    IMMIC don't you also have some AMC Matadors??. If so, you will need the same hub/drum puller to remove the Stude rear drums as the AMC. You are indeed correct...first stop is a shop manual AND a parts manual. These are invalueable to working on one, Sometimes the shop manual might not give a good enough picture of something you're working on, where as the illustrations in the parts book (exploded view) are very helpfull...not to mention the part #s for buying the parts you will need Hope this helps.
    Dan Miller

Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

I'll give you a spare wheel. Had I have known that the car was going to be brought back to life, I'd have done the pan gasket while the engine was out. It is a pain to do in the car.

Studebaker On The Net

Studebaker News Group

Arnold Md.
      64 Daytona HT
      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
      63 GT Hawk
      63 Avanti R1/AC
      63 Avanti R2/4 speed
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Hawk
      51 Commander
      JDP Maryland