PDA

View Full Version : '66 red Wagonaire in Riverside, CA

showbizkid
07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Didn't this car recently belong to someone here on the Forum? Sure sounds familiar...

http://tinyurl.com/k2y3b

---------------------------
Clark in San Diego:

Proud new owner of a '63 Lark!

Roscomacaw
07-16-2006, 01:07 PM
If it doesn't, I believe it once did. Our own Rosstude's wife used this car for her daily driver thru many years. I'll bet you hear from Ross once he see's this topic.;)

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
1960 Larkvertible V8
1958 Provincial wagon
1953 Commander coupe
1957 President 2-dr
1955 President State
1951 Champion Biz cpe
1963 Daytona project FS

studeclunker
07-16-2006, 04:34 PM
What a trip! This car used to go by my house on a regular basis! One of the things I liked most about Riverside. I caught the lady who owned it at a local restraunt and we had a nice conversation about Studes in general. She let me look over the car too! This is a nice car! I think she said it belonged to her dad or something. It looks like the current owner doesn't respect it though. Those scratches and so on weren't on it when I saw it.

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith

Rosstude
07-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Well now[:0] that did not take long. That is indeed our former Wagonaire. My wife did drive it daily for 12 years, great car. We were the owners, and her Dad tolerates our Studebaker ownership, but is a (early) Packard man at heart.
Too bad the new owner did not get to appreciate it for too long, but I do not know their situation.
The description is accurate, drive anywhere with confidence, mechanically it is very sound. I did so much to that car, it would be hard for someone other than me to described. He has done a nice job with the pictures though. The rocker rust blowout happened at Joshua Tree monument 2005, 6th grade camp out where I earned the title of “NASCAR dad”. The damage to the right front fender, large dog on 10 freeway. Chips in the paint on the door jamb, kids backpack. Rust on tailgate, pure Stude. The stains on front seat, well–that involved a car-seat, diapers failing[xx(] never did come out. So many memories:D The scratches were there when we sold it, it looks the same.
I do not know what his reserve is, but of course know what he payed for it. Will be interesting to see how it goes. Unless there is a bidding war, the market value is far less than what I put into the mechanicals alone. I hope someone gets it at a fair price (for both parties) there are many good miles left in that car.
The lady” at the restaurant is my lovely wife. If you were to go there tomorrow, you would see a blue, 1957, Studebaker Provincial parked in place of the red Wagonaire. If any of you out there reading this are in Riverside Ca, stop by the Back Street restaurant. Ask Linda how she likes her Provincial, she will gladly show it off, and you will have a great sandwich too, but save room for banana cream pie though[:p] Look for it around town.

Ross.
Riverside, Ca.
1957 Provincial X2
1958 Transtar
1963 Lark. Temp storage?

studeclunker
07-17-2006, 01:52 AM
You know, your'e right about the tailgate. I've got four of these wagons and three of them have that same line of rust at the bottom of the 'gate. The fourth one had holes drilled at the bottom of it. They must have dismounted it to do so. I only discovered them when I took off the facing panels to work on the electric window.

Lotsa Larks!
Ron Smith

65cruiser
07-17-2006, 06:02 AM
Does it come complete with surfboard?:D

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

You know, your'e right about the tailgate. I've got four of these wagons and three of them have that same line of rust at the bottom of the 'gate. The fourth one had holes drilled at the bottom of it. They must have dismounted it to do so. I only discovered them when I took off the facing panels to work on the electric window.

Lotsa Larks!
Ron Smith

http://home.alltel.net/anderm/images/Logo1.jpg

studeclunker
07-17-2006, 09:45 AM
None of mine did!

Lotsa Larks!
Ron Smith