PDA

View Full Version : Transtar (?) alert! Southern Oregon

studeclunker
07-15-2006, 11:35 PM
There is, I think, a transtar parked on the side of a garage/barn along I-5 near Saginaw Or. It's just about 1/2 mile south of exit 176. They have a really neat collection of tractors too!

There's another at Douglas City Garage here in Trinity county, No. Cal. The truck at the Garage is in better shape. To all appearances anyway. Unfortuneately the old fella wants 3-4k for the thing. Douglas City is located about thirty miles west of Redding Ca. The Garage is another mile south along Hwy 3.
The Owner is Richard Ackerman Ph. (530) 623-4869
326 HWY3
PO Box 326
Douglas City, CA 96024

Just in case anyone is interested...

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith

gordr
07-16-2006, 12:44 AM
quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

There is, I think, a transtar parked on the side of a garage/barn along I-5 near Saginaw Or. It's just about 1/2 mile south of exit 176. They have a really neat collection of tractors too!

There's another at Douglas City Garage here in Trinity county, No. Cal. The truck at the Garage is in better shape. To all appearances anyway. Unfortuneately the old fella wants 3-4k for the thing. Douglas City is located about thirty miles west of Redding Ca. The Garage is another mile south along Hwy 3.
The Owner is Richard Ackerman Ph. (530) 623-4869
326 HWY3
PO Box 326
Douglas City, CA 96024

Just in case anyone is interested...

Lotsa Larks!
K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
Ron Smith

I spotted the Saginaw one in April. I think Dick Steinkamp or maybe Fred Cook has some info on it.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands