This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti for Bonneville

I have been working on the my Bonneville Avanti the last couple of days. Here are a couple of photo's. I have been tied up with a vehicle project at work and haven't been able to work on the car at all this year until this last week. It will be a challange to finish it but I still plan to be at Bonneville with the car this year. As usual short on time and money. For more information on the car what we are doing and why visit the following Web site:

You will find more pictures there. I will update the site as time goes on.

Here are some pictures as it is now.

The following picture shows the rear transmission mount for the TKO600. This was fabricated this last week. The wood is a temporary spacer. The transmission should be installed about .6 inches higher but that will require cutting and modifying the transmission tunnel. That will have to wait until later.

The following is the mount for the clutch master cylinder. It is actuated by the existing linkage. I will post a picture of the cylinder mounted in the next day or so.

David L

Looking good, David.

Are you planning to run it in a stock or modified class? Are you permitted to cover the headlights with a sheet of plastic (or whatever) for aerodynamic purposes? I know that glass covers are stock, but I know myself, I'd be kind of leery of exposing that glass to debris impact at high speeds.

Do keep us posted on progress.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Working...
    X