• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The unthinkable has happened

Nice try Matthew but I was not buying into this either
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Nice try Matthew but I was not buying into this either
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

The unthinkable has happened

After a lot of thought, stress and changing my mind countless times, I decided to go to the "Dark Side".

Yep, we just finished the installation of a Packard 352 in my Scotsman.

Had to make sure everything would hold together under stress...

Matthew Burnette
      Hazlehurst, Georgia
      '59 Scotsman PU (now with 352)
      '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Really !? Can we see pics?

Comment

Really !? Can we see pics?

Comment

Congratulations, Matthew, you single-handedly destroyed the youth movement in SDC,

Even though yours was a joke, I always felt with the tooling all in place and paid for, the Packard V8 should have been an option in the 3/4t and up Studebaker trucks in the first place. Your combination is a bit of a stretch, but in theory someone could have wanted a real sleeper and might have ordered one in a Scotsman, had it been availble.

I have two rebuilt 352" Packard V8s running on the test stand right now and am planning to drop one in my 1955 3/4t this spring. The only real question for me is whether to use the B-W T85, make an adapter for the existing B-W T98 4-speed, or really step up to a contemporary six-speed truck transmission.

Great joke!

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
            PackardV8

Comment

Congratulations, Matthew, you single-handedly destroyed the youth movement in SDC,

Even though yours was a joke, I always felt with the tooling all in place and paid for, the Packard V8 should have been an option in the 3/4t and up Studebaker trucks in the first place. Your combination is a bit of a stretch, but in theory someone could have wanted a real sleeper and might have ordered one in a Scotsman, had it been availble.

I have two rebuilt 352" Packard V8s running on the test stand right now and am planning to drop one in my 1955 3/4t this spring. The only real question for me is whether to use the B-W T85, make an adapter for the existing B-W T98 4-speed, or really step up to a contemporary six-speed truck transmission.

Great joke!

thnx, jv.

PackardV8
              PackardV8

Comment

C'mon Matt! NO engine pics!???? You just happened to find a set of tire tracks someone laid and parked the Scotty appropriately![}] Nice try tho![)]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

C'mon Matt! NO engine pics!???? You just happened to find a set of tire tracks someone laid and parked the Scotty appropriately![}] Nice try tho![)]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Officer Dave,

I think you must be slipping in your old age. If my monitor is correct, the right streak of rubber sure appears to be inboard of the right tire. I am not sure I would have gunned any vehicle knowing I would run out of concrete in 30 feet and then hit dirt.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Officer Dave,

I think you must be slipping in your old age. If my monitor is correct, the right streak of rubber sure appears to be inboard of the right tire. I am not sure I would have gunned any vehicle knowing I would run out of concrete in 30 feet and then hit dirt.

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

Studebaker horse drawn buggy; 1946 M-16 fire truck; 1948 M-16 grain truck; 1949 2R16A grain truck; 1949 2R17A fire truck; 1950 2R5 pickup; 1952 2R17A grain truck; 1952 Packard 200 4 door; 1955 E-38 grain truck; 1957 3E-40 flatbed; 1961 6E-28 grain truck; 1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck; 1962 7E-7 Champ pickup; 1962 GT Hawk 4 speed; 1963 8E-28 flatbed; 1964 Avanti R2 4 speed; 1964 Cruiser and various other "treasures".

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

OK OK, you fellas got me. I just couldn't resist though. [8D][)][:I]

Actually, those tracks were laid with the '57 Silver Hawk last Sunday evening after we installed a new clutch.
                        Amazing enough, in the 28 years that my grandad has owned that Silver Hawk, that clutch disk installation was the ONLY 'major' mechanical work done to it. (Other than brakes, of course). And, it still runs like a new one. [^]

Again, sorry guys... but we can all use a good laugh, right? [)][8D]

Dave, put the gun down...

Matthew Burnette
                        Hazlehurst, Georgia
                        '59 Scotsman PU
                        '63 Daytona HT

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

OK OK, you fellas got me. I just couldn't resist though. [8D][)][:I]

Actually, those tracks were laid with the '57 Silver Hawk last Sunday evening after we installed a new clutch.
                          Amazing enough, in the 28 years that my grandad has owned that Silver Hawk, that clutch disk installation was the ONLY 'major' mechanical work done to it. (Other than brakes, of course). And, it still runs like a new one. [^]

Again, sorry guys... but we can all use a good laugh, right? [)][8D]

Dave, put the gun down...

Matthew Burnette
                          Hazlehurst, Georgia
                          '59 Scotsman PU
                          '63 Daytona HT

Comment

That would have been a great April Fools day
                            story, but you are about a week early.....

Glen Brose
                            East of Chino Valley, AZ
                            The Home of "Charlene"
                            53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

That would have been a great April Fools day
                              story, but you are about a week early.....

Glen Brose
                              East of Chino Valley, AZ
                              The Home of "Charlene"
                              53 Champion Tudr Sedan

Comment

Working...
                              X