Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a new member, this website certainly looks interesting and helpful. I have just purchased a 1948 Champion 4-door with the suicide doors. My father-in-law received the car from his neighbors. they had purchased the car new and then gave it to him when they could drive no more. He has not done anything with it and so it has sat for the last 10 years or so. It has the 1948 Illinois license plate issued to that car. When those plates were issued they warned the owners not to park the car where goats could get at it because they would eat the license plate. It was made from soybeans. This is my first attempt at restoration and I plan to restore it to an "as it was" condition with a little luck and a lot of patience. I will be looking to this site for help.thanks for the opportunity.

Welcome aboard! Might I suggest you sign up with SDC (elsewhere on this site) and enjoy the benefits of club membership.

First step ought to be to buy the pertinent Shop Manual and the two parts manuals that cover your model of Stude - the Chassis Part Book and the Body Parts Book. Owners manual would be nice from the standpoint of how to operate the car and it's various systems, but it doesn't help much with restoring it.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe
    1957 President 2-dr
    1955 President State
    1951 Champion Biz cpe
    1963 Daytona project FS
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Welcome Nesak, you have just stumbled onto one of the the most valuable assets a new Stude owner can have. There is a multitude of Stude knowledge on this forum, just ask a question and sit back and watch for the answers [:0]. As Biggs said you really should join SDC, with your membership you will receive the monthly TW mag. which is great source of information as well as give you access to vendors for the parts you will be looking for, and before you start, make sure you get the shop and parts manuals. Good Luck

Studebaker Fever
      60 Lark
      51 Champion
      Phil

Studebaker Fever
      60 Lark
      56 Power Hawk
      Phil Hendrickson
      Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Welcome Netsack, a 48 Champion is a car thats still realatively easy to find parts for. This is the place to ask questions,and post a picture if you can.

Comment

Welcome, Netsak! Good luck with your car. And watch out for the goats.

Comment

Welcome to the Stude hobby.
            Join the SDC (can do that on this website) and don't hesitate to ask questions on this forum. There's a lot of Stude knowledge out there and these guys are only too happy to share with you. Sounds like you have a nice car there. the '48s are good looking cars.
            Best of luck.
            Rog
            '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
            Smithtown,NY
            Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
            X