This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful survivor

Not a Stude, but I think a lot of you might enjoy seeing this beautiful car. Hard not to like ANY old car with such low mileage,and is so original,plus these things are rarer than honest politicians.

57 Chevs, are rarer than honest politicians.
    Klif
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

Robert, I'm with you on this one. I'm nuts about the fins of that era. Maybe that's why I was such an ardent fisherman when I lived in Georgia. I loved the big fins on those Georgia lunker Bass![:0][] Psssssst... don't tell anyone, but I once owned a '59 Belvedere

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe
      1957 President 2-dr
      1955 President State
      1951 Champion Biz cpe
      1963 Daytona project FS
      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I owned a 58 Belv! Loved the car and the ride with that torsion bar suspension. I'm a big fan of the Exner era Chryslers.
        Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Yep,after Studebakers my next favorites are the big Mopars from 1955-1961. Especially the Desotos,they were nearly as nice as the big Chyrslers, but sportier. The 300's and the big Imperials are just amazing to me. Can you imagine tooling around in one in say,another twenty years from now,when gas is about 10 bucks a gallon?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56

Yep,after Studebakers my next favorites are the big Mopars from 1955-1961. Especially the Desotos,they were nearly as nice as the big Chyrslers, but sportier. The 300's and the big Imperials are just amazing to me. Can you imagine tooling around in one in say,another twenty years from now,when gas is about 10 bucks a gallon?
            I met a man at the past York Meet who has more than 30 '55 Chryslers amd Imperials (including several 300s).

Paul Johnson
            '53 Commander Starliner (since 1966)
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire (original owner)
            '64 Daytona Convertible (2006)
            Museum R-4 engine
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

What a beauty. I notice that alot of old Studebaker collectors drive new or newer Chrysler products for their everyday rides. The fact this one survived the ravages of rust should make it a rare and desirable buy.

Studedude1961
              --1963 Cruiser

Comment

I've always been a fan of the big 300 Letter Cars. I have a definite want of a '63 300J with the big long ram 413 engine (390 HP). I think from '55 to '71 Mopars are the big ticket. To me, Chevy's are a dime a dozen. Give me Stude's and Mopar!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Tom - Lakeland, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Michigan Speed - www.michiganspeed.com
                Club Hot Rod - www.clubhotrod.com
                LS1 Tech - www.ls1tech.com
                Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

My next door neighbor had a 59 Golden Adventurer for years. I left drool marks on the driveway from that car [] I'm with Todd - the Exner Mopars were something special. Even the 61 Furies and Lancers, love 'em or hate 'em, are unique cars.

---------------------------
                  Clark in San Diego:

Proud new owner of a '63 Lark!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Wow,have you guys noticed the price, 29,500 with over five days left!
                    Course, where would you find a nicer one, to folks with fat wallets and can afford the best, why not?

Comment

In addition to Studebakers I was always a big fan of the Mopars of the mid-fifties era. (My family owned various ones, so they were an early influence.) For a long time I owned a '55 DeSoto that I bought from my Uncle for $1. (Best car deal I ever made!) Despite the DeSoto's rocker and quarter panel rust-out tendancies, I can assure you that Studebaker could have learned some lessons in body construction if they had used the DeSoto as a guide. Even when the DeSoto was ancient and rusted out, the doors still closed like a bank vault.

Of course, the Studebakers are superior to the '55 DeSoto in gas mileage. The DeSoto could barely get 11 mpg and that was only with a strong tailwind and driving downhill with my foot off the gas! [xx(]

Comment

This is an interesting thread. Many members of our local SDC chapter are Mopar owners (modern). I wonder why.
                        Rog

'59 Lark Regal Hardtop
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Working...
                        X