This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starliner Barn Find

I dragged home a '53 Champion Starliner today that has been stored in the same barn for 13 years. It was partially disassembled prior to that, but the project never went any where. Still wearing what looks like the original Ivory Mist over Coral Red. Rust in floors, but otherwise pretty solid. Came with 4 front fenders, 2 hoods, an extra rear quarter, 2 extra doors, duplicates on other sheet metal. 3 speed OD. Missing the seats, instruments, rear bumper, radiator, and probably some other stuff. Pot metal and stainless trim is all there (except for the grill surrounds and grill bars). A challenging restoration project or basis for a custom/modified. Anybody looking for one of these? I'd rather sell it and deliver it to someone within a 2 day drive of Bellingham, WA, than take it off the trailer.

cAN YU MAKE IT TO NORTH MS IN 2 DAYS?LOL

'

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

I dragged home a '53 Champion Starliner today that has been stored in the same barn for 13 years. It was partially disassembled prior to that, but the project never went any where. Still wearing what looks like the original Ivory Mist over Coral Red. Rust in floors, but otherwise pretty solid. Came with 4 front fenders, 2 hoods, an extra rear quarter, 2 extra doors, duplicates on other sheet metal. 3 speed OD. Missing the seats, instruments, rear bumper, radiator, and probably some other stuff. Pot metal and stainless trim is all there (except for the grill surrounds and grill bars). A challenging restoration project or basis for a custom/modified. Anybody looking for one of these? I'd rather sell it and deliver it to someone within a 2 day drive of Bellingham, WA, than take it off the trailer.

Doggone it, Dick!

You're finding all the good ones while I'm stuck working. Waaaah!

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Awfully tempting, Dick. Looks like it might overheat if you drove it down to my place, though. <G>

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude freak

cAN YU MAKE IT TO NORTH MS IN 2 DAYS?LOL
          I'd need a different tow vehicle to accomplish that !!

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gordr
            Doggone it, Dick!

Hey Gord...not to add insult to injury, but I picked up this 6E13-131 at the same time from the same guy. Nice running 289 4 barrel, 5 speed OD. Drove it home the 20 miles. It would probably make it to your place .

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by tomnoller

Awfully tempting, Dick. Looks like it might overheat if you drove it down to my place, though. <G>
              I stopped at a gas station on the way home with this one and a guy pulls up next to me in a jacked up pickup up and asks "That a Corvair?". He must have noticed that it is currently air cooled [)].

Anyway, Tom, I guarantee it won't overheat on the way to your place .

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

quote:Originally posted by gordr
                Doggone it, Dick!

Hey Gord...not to add insult to injury, but I picked up this 6E13-131 at the same time from the same guy. Nice running 289 4 barrel, 5 speed OD. Drove it home the 20 miles. It would probably make it to your place .

Dick, is that truck a 1 1/2 ton? Just curious.

LAWFISH

Comment

quote:Originally posted by LAWFISH

Dick, is that truck a 1 1/2 ton? Just curious.
                  It's a 1 ton, Dave. 131" wheel base. Actually a shorter truck than an extended cab, short bed Chevy pickup. I've got it parked in one of my generic 2 car garages (along with the Starliner...still on the car trailer). Both fit fine.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

Man, I could fall in love with that truck! A 5-spd, no less[}]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President 2-dr
                    1955 President State
                    1951 Champion Biz cpe
                    1963 Daytona project FS
                    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

Man, I could fall in love with that truck! A 5-spd, no less[}]

No way, Bob. Elisa would shoot me if I sold you another Studebaker
                      [B)]

Dick Steinkamp
                      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Gosh ,Dick looks like you got the perfect tow truck in the 6e.Or it would msake a great hauler.Please dont sell it to Bob,we need his expertise,and besides hes got enough on his plate as it is.[}]

Comment

I did say "I COULD fall" - not that I have.

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe
                          1957 President 2-dr
                          1955 President State
                          1951 Champion Biz cpe
                          1963 Daytona project FS
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

That truck would sure look at home admist the orchards of Green Bluff and Colbert...PM me with a price if it's for sale. My wife might go for it...It's a long shot....

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

What a find Dick,both of them! You west coast guys have got it made you know that?

Comment

Working...
                              X