This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Debbie Reynolds" Avanti is back!

I see the "Debbie Reynolds" Avanti is back, but this time with an updated description and no mention of the famous Hollywood connection. It was a no sale last time at $17,877.00 and is already to $14,655.00. I see they have now given her the name of "Ashley".

JDP is the current high bidder.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
    1948 M-16 grain truck
    1949 2R16A grain truck
    1949 2R17A fire truck
    1955 E-38 grain truck
    1957 3E-40 flatbed
    1961 6E-28 grain truck
    1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
    1962 Champ pickup
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
    1964 Cruiser
    And various other "treasures"

Yes, but the story turned out she didn't really own it,just drove it around the block once and possibly farted in it.

Comment

Hey Robert (Transtar56),

I thought of you last weekend as I paddled a kayak past the statue of Stevie Ray Vaughn, along the banks of the Colorado River (aka "Town Lake") in Austin. Now that I know where the statue is located, I see that I won't be able to park my Stude truck behind it for that photo I promised to send you... that is, unless I drive my truck into Town Lake! But I'll get a photo of it for you soon enough! Someone had put a red carnation in the statue's hand. Interesting town in that it immortalizes a blues guitar player.

(to everyone else, sorry about getting off topic)

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon
      Deep in the heart of Texas

Comment

To people who loved his music,blues,or just his unbelievable guitar playing, he'll always be with us,just like the Elvis freaks think of the King.
        I sure appreciate you going to the trouble, I was thinking of trying to come up with the cash for a new Fender Strat SRV signiture series,sure to go up in value as only a few are being sold. Id love to have the beat up looking one that looks exactly like Stevies famous"#7".
        Did you know he wore that thing around,sometimes would drop into Ron Woods place with #7 strapped on him,and just jam away.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Transtar56
          Id love to have the beat up looking one that looks exactly like Stevies famous"#7".
          Did you know he wore that thing around,sometimes would drop into Ron Woods place with #7 strapped on him,and just jam away.
          I'll get shots of the statue from every angle for you. As I recall, he's wearing a guitar in that sculpture, probably "#7". And I'll try to get something "Studebaker" into one of the photos, too, just to prove I took the pictures!

...two days later...

Okay, Robert, here he is. I intended to kayak up to him and hang a '63 Lark headlight rim on the head of his Stratocaster, but the kayak concession was closed due to the threat of thunderstorms.

Instead, I parked my car nearby, and (not carrying with me a headlight rim that couldn't be rationally explained to Austin police) I got these photos. A young guy nearby took one with me in it, just to prove I really "was there".

If you click on the images, they will take you to much larger 300dpi versions you can download and print.

... many days later...

Hmmm, I wonder if Transtar56 is ever going to see these photos of SRV?

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Current_Avacar.gif[/img=left] - DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

How do we know if that's really you or not? Not like we've met or anything at a show in GA before...

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
            South Georgia Chapter Newsletter Editor
            63 Daytona HT (project)
            51 2R16 dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
            52 Commander Starliner (basket case)(will trade for another Stude <g&gt
            MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars.
            Click my name and check out "Links".

Comment

It's him. Check the redneck tan line from his socks.....

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
              1948 M-16 grain truck
              1949 2R16A grain truck
              1949 2R17A fire truck
              1955 E-38 grain truck
              1957 3E-40 flatbed
              1961 6E-28 grain truck
              1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
              1962 Champ pickup
              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
              1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
              1964 Cruiser
              And various other "treasures"

Comment

Yeah, Guido, that hairless sock line was pretty distracting from the actual subject of the photo, so I have retouched it a bit and now no one can see the embarrassing redneck tan line.

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

I knew it was him, tan line or not.

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
                  South Georgia Chapter Newsletter Editor
                  63 Daytona HT (project)
                  51 2R16 dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
                  52 Commander Starliner (basket case)(will trade for another Stude <g&gt
                  MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars.
                  Click my name and check out "Links".

Comment

Wow,thanks Dillocrafter,the man with the magic fingers. Its great that the city chose to honour him this way,and darn nice of you to get the pictures.
                    Texas is on my "must visit" list.

Comment

Working...
                    X