Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

August Hemmings Classic Car - Lotsa Studes!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• August Hemmings Classic Car - Lotsa Studes!!

My Hemmings Classic Car for August arrived today. There is a '56 Golden Hawk on the cover![] And the cover blurb says "Special Edition: Studebaker Sensations! 26 pages of America's Favorite Independant"

From what I have just flipped thru the various pages, there is much positive ink for Studebakers, starting with the editors column. If you don't have a subscription to Hemmings Classic Car magazine, this may be one to look for at the newsstand - a good one to keep.

The next few weeks might be a great time to be selling a Studebaker on eBay!<G>

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html

[] I just received my August Edition of Hemmings Classic Car Magazine too. WOW unless you are reading a Turning Wheels, I don't think you will find newly printed magazine with more Studes than this one. I haven't read a word, just looking at the pixs, there are dozens of them Plus there are 26 pages that are spotlighting Studebaker exclusively. I agree with r1lark, if you don't subscribe to Hemmings Classic Car, you might want to go to the news stand or book store to buy this one. It sorta makes me proud, if ya know what I mean [8D] Our favarite marque has more print than a bow-tie, blue oval, or mopar, in a 2006 car magazine .

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    51 Champion
    Phil

Studebaker Fever
    60 Lark
    56 Power Hawk
    Phil Hendrickson
    Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Just got mine in the mail. My wife is still mopping up the drool from the floor[.Its a must have for any Studebaker addict.

Comment

July's issue had the daytona, and the regular hemmings had the 57? Golden hawk, don't remember year for sure, but I'm sure someone will correct me, Has anyone else noticed a possible awakening of the collectable Studebaker? I am not saying that we are going to start seeing sky high prices, but it seems like there has been quite a bit of press on Studebakers in the last few months. I wonder if other people are discovering our low priced secret. In a way I kind of hope not, because most people I know will be out of the Studebaker game if the prices go up too much.

Comment

so who is going to scan the articles and post them ... []

for us lazy/cheap fellas ... [:I]

Comment

YES! Someone scan these and email them to me if they'd like and I can post them. []

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
            South Georgia Chapter
            63 Daytona HT (project)
            51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
            52 Commander Starliner (basket case)

MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars

And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo
            And here too: http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Comment

Gee...I wonder what it would be like to make money on a car?

I've heard of people doing it, never done it myself...(kinda like seeing a UFO...)

63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State
              63 Avanti R1 2788
              1914 Stutz Bearcat
              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I haven't received my August copy of Hemmings Classic Car yet. Since this magazine hit the market, replacing Special Interest Autos, they've been very generous in their coverage of the independents, and Studebaker in particular. I really enjoy every issue.
                Rog
                '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                Smithtown,NY
                Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Be careful of scanning and posting copyrighted material![:0]
                  George Mattar, editor, is a friend of mine. We've managed to encourage and assist in obtaining ideas and contacts for him and I forward most of the comments you guys make, both positive and negative. Let's not infringe on their livelihood if we wish to remain in their good graces.
                  Brad Johnson,
                  SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                  '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

It would be okay to scan them and post them if we also mentioned where the articles/pix originally came from, right? As the new editor of the So. GA Chapter newsletter, I know some about copyright stuff. Usually people say it's ok to use their stuff, IF we include where it came from.

South Georgia Chapter Newsletter Editor

63 Daytona HT (project)

MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars

And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo
                    And here as well: http://community.webshots.com/user/studestarliner
                    And here too: http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Comment

Then we should ask permission first. I'll contact George and let you know.
                      Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Not without permission. and if I were them I would not grant it. They get around to doing a Studebaker issue and we're too cheap to buy their magazine.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
                        Studebaker News Group

64 Daytona HT
                        64 R2 4 speed Challenger
                        63 R2 4 speed GT Black
                        63 R2 4 speed GT White
                        63 GT Hawk
                        63 Avanti
                        62 Daytona HT
                        53 Coupe

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Not without permission. and if I were them I would not grant it. They get around to doing a Studebaker issue and we're too cheap to buy their magazine.
                          Agreed!
                          Come on guys, it's just a couple of bucks...
                          I know Studebaker people are considered "frugal" (read: cheap) by many, but let's not reinforce the image!

63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                          63 Avanti R1 2788
                          1914 Stutz Bearcat
                          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Thing is, I live in a one horse town and don't know where to get it other than subscribing, which I don't care to do. Maybe one'll pop up on ebay soon.

South Georgia Chapter Newsletter Editor
                            63 Daytona HT (project)
                            MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars.
                            Click my name and check out "Links".

Comment

Matt, you're a special case. Maybe one of the guys that lives close to a store that has a copy can buy you one. I'm 45 miles from the nearest source for a copy. I don't know, you might be able to go online and buy a single issue through Barnes and Noble or the publisher (Hemmings)
                              "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
                              X