This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.M. F.M. Converter.

Any body out there have one of those A.M. to F.M. radio converters that were popular during the 70's. Sparkomatic, Kraco or whatever . I would like to use one. I threw away the one I had for years. I really thought I would never have use for it. Oh. Well. jimmijim

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Any body out there have one of those A.M. to F.M. radio converters that were popular during the 70's. Sparkomatic, Kraco or whatever . I would like to use one. I threw away the one I had for years. I really thought I would never have use for it. Oh. Well. jimmijim
    I have one I bought at a Goodwill store. Don't know if it works, and I'd have to find it, too.[B)]

If you can't get one close to you, let me know, and I'll track it down and test it the next time I'm home for a spell. Heading out for few days' work later today.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I used to have an Audiovox one that fit in my underdash 8 track!

Dan White
      64 R1 GT
      64 R2 GT
      Dan White
      64 R1 GT
      64 R2 GT
      58 C Cab
      57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I found a new one on E-bay....They are bringing $$$$. I paid about $60.00 for a new one in the box.

1961 HAWK..BLACK.. 4bc,4-speed,TT

Comment

I have a Kraco unit that plugs into your 8-track to play cassetts. Still in the original box.
          Dan

Comment

I have one in "my" (now JP's) '62 hardtop, I imagine he probably wants it out of there before he sells the car, will have to ask him. It works well, but I found that a speaker upgrade became necessary after a good song came on the radio at about 70 MPH with the windows down <G>

nate

--
            55 Commander Starlight
            62 Daytona hardtop
            --
            55 Commander Starlight
            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

Thanks Neight. I will call him. jimmijim
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I don't want the FM converter, send me $10 for UPS and packing and off it will go.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
                Studebaker News Group

64 Daytona HT
                64 R2 4 speed Challenger
                63 R2 4 speed GT Black
                63 R2 4 speed GT White
                63 GT Hawk
                63 Avanti
                62 Daytona HT
                53 Coupe

JDP Maryland

Comment

A fellow here in town has a gorgeous Silver Hawk. His factory radio has been modified to an AM/FM. I have no idea who did it but it is really slick- you turn it on once for AM. You turn it off, then back on for FM! That would be the way to go. I'd then buy an XM radio that transmits on FM and you'd have oldies or whatever your heart desired.
                  Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

I have an original Studebaker (United Delco) AM/FM radio. Needs a new cap I believe. Someone make me an offer and it is yours..plus ship/ins.

Laemmle

Comment

I'll give ya $20 fur it. (Kidding, I know it's worth more than that. I'd like to have it, but all my $$$ are going to finishing the Daytona, not a radio... yet)

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut.
                      South Georgia Chapter Newsletter Editor
                      63 Daytona HT (project)
                      51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
                      52 Commander Starliner (basket case)
                      MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars.
                      Click my name and check out "Links".

Comment

If you get working FM radio, I can't recommend highly enough an iPod... I'm an old-school guy that's constantly struggling to keep up with technology; but since I got my iPod, I have no use for in-car CD players or changers...[^]

My iPod has 2,670 songs on it (so far!) and is about the size of a deck of cards; no wiring needed, I just have a cord that plugs into the lighter and plays through the FM radio... easy to use, easy to move to any vehicle with FM radio...

REALLY won me over..... can you tell? [8D]

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)

Comment

Years ago the Keystone Region raffled a 53 Coupe we bought from Jim Sinclair. It had an AM/FM/SW [:0] 6-volt radio that fit like it was made for the car; probably period aftermarket. Anyone know about these?

"Can it pick up Fort Wayne? Hell, it can pick up Tierra del Fuego".
                          Brad Johnson,
                          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I'm guessing it was probably German; these were fairly popular back then. Might have been "borrowed" from a VW; they kept 6V for quite a few years (1966? I think?) after everyone else went 12V.

I actually was kinda-sorta searching for a 12V version to put in my '62; they're apparently collectible now however (like pretty much anything old and cool.)

nate

--
                            55 Commander Starlight
                            62 Daytona hardtop
                            --
                            55 Commander Starlight
                            http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

quote:Originally posted by N8N

I'm guessing it was probably German; these were fairly popular back then. Might have been "borrowed" from a VW; they kept 6V for quite a few years (1966? I think?) after everyone else went 12V.

I actually was kinda-sorta searching for a 12V version to put in my '62; they're apparently collectible now however (like pretty much anything old and cool.)

nate

--

Not old or cool, but: Sony still offers an AM/FM/cassette/short wave car radios for around $200. And Becker made its Mexico AM/FM/SW until a few years ago. They were used in many foreign cars and can still be found brand new in the box.
                              Skip
                              55 Commander Starlight
                              62 Daytona hardtop
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X