This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancaster 2008 firm

Just returned from a meeting of the 2008 planning committee held at Lancaster Host Resort. Had thirty-five or forty in attendance.
    Contracts have been signed for a room rate of $99.

PENNSYLVANIA, Lancaster, Sep 14-20, 2008. SDC 44th INTERNATIONAL MEET. HQ: Lancaster Host Hotel and Conference Center, 800-233-0121. Host Chapter: Keystone Region Chapter. Chairman: Denny Foust

WILKUM!

I, for one, am glad that you got out of Gettysburg.
    The Foust name takes me back to the '70s. I can remember parking my '53 Commander Starliner next to Bob Foust's '31 Four Seasons to head up a procession in downtown South Bend. About the same time, I bought a '64 Cruiser from Denny Foust at Reedsville.

Gary L.
    1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
    1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You may have noted, Bob was probably the first to adapt a Dakota bed to a T-cab. He is still with us and, Lord willing, will be in attendance.

You may be pleased to know that at least six of the 1980 International Meet committee members were present today and as full of energy as they were 26 years ago.

Denny Foust, Ted Engle, Ron Strapel, Wilber White, Max Corkins(SDC President in 1980); all psyched! . We had 1,032 Studebakers at Gettysburg in 1980 and Lancaster has room for more. The Host has banquet seating for 1,500 and there's a chair with YOUR name on it.

I know Omaha is upon us and South Bend looms large but, if you have a project in the offing, dally no more. SDC is already securing 2009 and 2010 is being explored. And, believe me, your project will not get cheaper, or parts more available as time goes on.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Just returned from a meeting of the 2008 planning committee held at Lancaster Host Resort. Had thirty-five or forty in attendance.
        Contracts have been signed for a room rate of $99.

PENNSYLVANIA, Lancaster, Sep 14-20, 2008. SDC 44th INTERNATIONAL MEET. HQ: Lancaster Host Hotel and Conference Center, 800-233-0121. Host Chapter: Keystone Region Chapter. Chairman: Denny Foust

WILKUM!
        These meetings sound great, perhaps I can save up for it or 2009 or 2010,
        What do they consist of? I mean a get together, discussions, car displays, and swap meet I suppose.

John Clements
        Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
        John Clements
        Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

One full week of all that and more!

Seminars, tech tips, side excursions to local areas of interest (from Lancaster we will have excursions to the Antique Automobile Club of America's Museum, Chocolatetown in Hersey, Gettysburg Battlefield, Amish Farms, or freedom to explore on your own schedule).

Or, you can spend the week, or weekend if you choose, viewing the very finest examples of Studebaker production from horsedrawn to the most recent Avanti offerings.

But, more than this, it is the opportunity to spend relaxed time with the most down to earth friends, rejoin old, meet new. Our common interest brings us together. Shared enthusiasm feeds our spirit.

The other option is mowing the grass and doing the laundry.
          Brad Johnson,
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Ok I'll chose looking at Studebakers for a week over doing laundry n yard work.

Comment

A wise man once said, "Live it, or live with it."
              Brad Johnson,
              Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
              '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

One full week of all that and more!

Seminars, tech tips, side excursions to local areas of interest (from Lancaster we will have excursions to the Antique Automobile Club of America's Museum, Chocolatetown in Hersey, Gettysburg Battlefield, Amish Farms, or freedom to explore on your own schedule).

Or, you can spend the week, or weekend if you choose, viewing the very finest examples of Studebaker production from horsedrawn to the most recent Avanti offerings.

But, more than this, it is the opportunity to spend relaxed time with the most down to earth friends, rejoin old, meet new. Our common interest brings us together. Shared enthusiasm feeds our spirit.

The other option is mowing the grass and doing the laundry.
                Sounds great, so it's off to work we go LOL

John Clements
                John Clements

Comment

John, You HAVE to go at least once. You'll have memories to last a lifetime. Not to detract from Lancaster or Omaha or any other meet place, my favorites are in South Bend (where the '07 meet will be). There, you really can get a feel for the city where Studes flowed from and still see a few old factory landmarks as well.
                  There's usually a contingent from OZ in attendance. Don't forget - the new museum's there too![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President 2-dr
                  1955 President State
                  1951 Champion Biz cpe
                  1963 Daytona project FS
                  No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Mr.Biggs

John, You HAVE to go at least once. You'll have memories to last a lifetime. Not to detract from Lancaster or Omaha or any other meet place, my favorites are in South Bend (where the '07 meet will be). There, you really can get a feel for the city where Studes flowed from and still see a few old factory landmarks as well.
                    There's usually a contingent from OZ in attendance. Don't forget - the new museum's there too![:0]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                    1960 Larkvertible V8
                    1958 Provincial wagon
                    1953 Commander coupe
                    1957 President 2-dr
                    1955 President State
                    1951 Champion Biz cpe
                    1963 Daytona project FS
                    Thanks Bob,

Yes, I'll definitely go, however I need to save the funds, if I can't make it in 07, when will the next International Meet there be?

Not to hard to get there, fly to Sydney and hop on board The Friendly skies of United

BTW, I like your home town, was there in Jan whilst staying in nearby Lindsay with my ex-fiance. Nice Wal-Mart and Costco

John Clements
                    John Clements

Comment

Working...
                    X