This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1952 studebaker champion

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2332153 Im renting my car for a wedding but dont know what to rent it for. What do u think is a good price to rent it for?

I've loaned out my Chevy for 4 weddings and my charge is one picture with frame. I get another picture for my wall at work and they have fun at the wedding...

Buddy...

Buddy...'54 Champion 2dr

Comment

I've driven some folks to proms and weddings in my Rockne and always insist I do it for fun. I usually get a thank you card with some green included. State laws and insurance companies frown on commercializing your private vehicle. Check the laws in your state and be on good terms with your insurance agent.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

You can try some sort of friendly arrangement, but do not rent your car unless you have livery registration/plates, proper insurance and a chauffeur's driver's license. If you have collector car insurance, your insurance policy will not be valid and if you have a regular driver's license, you will be driving out of class if you rent the car and yourself as driver.

Gary L.
        1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
        1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I would say it very much depends on who the wedding party is.And,how much you like the car.And,of course,the legal aspects already mentioned. Know your insurer well,when you get into 'renting'your vehicle -your in 'business' whether you realize it or not.
          My liability ins. costs over $1500 per year,but doesn't include 'renting' out my cars.[used car dealer]

LaSalle,Il
          61Hawk
          60Lark
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
          X