This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of Power Hawk

I am going to try and place some pictures of the Hawk here. The first will be the car in Tacoma before we loaded it on the trailer. The second is the car on the trailer and the prior owners. Very nice folks. Car was her baby. Next is the car following us back to Ca. That was where it was made. Then in my driveway at last. My wife and the friend who had the truck we used. Was a three day trip and a lot of fun. When we stopped for gas people wanted to know what it was.

Well it didn't work. Boy am I glad this stuff is simple. I think I need a bigger hamer![xx(]

Comment

Now here's the wierd thing about the SDC forum a/o Photobucket...
      If you cut and paste the address out of Photobucket, it has the [IMG] in capitol letters. That won't work here... It has to be in small letters [img].
      I usually compose the post and just copy the address off Photobucket and paste it in between the brackets...
      BTW... Thanks for the pic's!
      Jeff[8D]

[quote]quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Originally posted by John Ratliff

I am going to try and place some pictures of the Hawk here. The first will be the car in Tacoma before we loaded it on the trailer. The second is the car on the trailer and the prior owners. Very nice folks. Car was her baby. Next is the car following us back to Ca. That was where it was made. Then in my driveway at last. My wife and the friend who had the truck we used. Was a three day trip and a lot of fun. When we stopped for gas people wanted to know what it was.
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Thanks a lot to Deepnhock

Comment

That's a super nice looking car. I love the picture of it going down the highway on the trailer. I think Studebakers always look best in motion or on the road. Congrats on your car!

Tom_CentralValley
          Three Rivers, CA
          1955 Commander 4 dr
          Tom
          Three Rivers, CA
          1955 Commander 4 dr

Comment

Are those real wire wheels on that car? It sure is a good looking Hawk. jimmijim
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

I had the pleasure of checking this Hawk out for John on the way back from the Portland Swap Meet a couple of months ago. I even got to drive it [8D]. It's as nice as it looks. Here's a few more pictures...

What are your plans for it, John?

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Are those real wire wheels on that car? It sure is a good looking Hawk. jimmijim
                jimmijim- No they are not real wire wheels. Chrome wheels with wire caps. I spent 2 days cleaning and putting polish on 'em. Then I found a lot of white paint over spray on the left side of car. Took a few more days to rub that out. Now I started cleaning under the hood. Pulled the battery and the tray is in bad shape. Can't seem to find a good one so I will have to clean it and paint. The fender under the tray is not bad just a little paint. I am short so takes a lot of leaning over the fender. Well I pulled some rib cartilage on Sun. That has slowed me down for now. Got to get back at it soon. I am registerd for a car show on the 18th. in Santa Rosa.
                Maybe this to much work for 72 yrs![xx(]

Comment

Now there is a sweet looking bird that has just left one loving home only to find a new loving home. John it looks as though your search has been fruitful. Very Nice Car

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  51 Champion
                  Phil

Studebaker Fever
                  60 Lark
                  56 Power Hawk
                  Phil Hendrickson
                  Arnold, Missouri

Comment

Congratulations! What a beauty![8D]

Get yourself a Rubbermaid one-step stool and save those ribs. Works great for underhood work and is light to move around for us "mature" guys.

Regards,
                    Bob (stude53)

Comment

WHY IS IT THAT ALL the nice cars have to be on the "wrong coast" all we get back east is the "culls!"

Interesting driving lites position, wonder how it lights up the road?

I, personally don't like the "Japenese" influence of the fender position mirrors-however, each to their own & it would not keep me out of that NICE car!
                      Louis

Comment

Wish somebody could come up with a simplier way of posting pics on this forum,Ive tried Webshots,Photo****et and neither seem to work worth a damn.

Comment

Robert,see deepnhocks post above-what I do is go back and erase the [IMG] before and after the pasted url,leaving the[img]before and after-meant to put your Hawk pic here,but accidently put it under another topic-been a long day.Oh well,see 'gt starliner thread....

LaSalle,Il
                          61Hawk
                          60Lark
                          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Wow... that's truly a beautiful car. Congratulations!

---------------------------
                            Clark in San Diego:

Proud new owner of a '63 Lark!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by gaboy

WHY IS IT THAT ALL the nice cars have to be on the "wrong coast" all we get back east is the "culls!"

Interesting driving lites position, wonder how it lights up the road?

I, personally don't like the "Japenese" influence of the fender position mirrors-however, each to their own & it would not keep me out of that NICE car!
                              Louis
                              Thanks, to all on your positive comments. Sure helps about now.
                              Gaboy, I don't like the mirror location either, however when I bought my '58 Silver Hawk new in '58, it had the mirrors in the same location. I took them off.

Comment

Working...
                              X