This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-16 and Studebaker buggy are home!

I went to Staunton, Va. today to meet the trucker who brought my M-16 grain truck and Studebaker buggy from Vern Ediger's in Kansas. Needless to say, the truck was shoehorned into the back of his van, I bet there was no more than 2" on either side of the bed as I winched it off. The truck is solid, some surface rust, but no rust out. However, the right rear of the cab has been pierced with a bale fork.

It has a homemade grill guard on the front and it did its job. It has a great bed on it, dual cylinder hoist and fold up livestock sides to boot and is showing 52K on the odometer. The buggy was in the bed of the grain truck so I am sure I looked like an eastern edition of the Beverly Hillbillies as I headed home.

When I stopped for lunch I got the requisite questions of what it was. Even had one fellow insist that Dodge and Studebaker trucks were the same!

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful"

1946 M-16 fire truck
    1948 M-16 grain truck
    1949 2R16A grain truck
    1949 2R17A fire truck
    1955 E-38 grain truck
    1957 3E-40 flatbed
    1961 6E-28 grain truck
    1962 7E-13D 4x4 rack truck
    1962 Champ pickup
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1964 Avanti R2 4 speed
    1964 Cruiser
    And various other "treasures"

quote:Even had one fellow insist that Dodge and Studebaker trucks were the same!
    The fellow probably saw a later model Champ truck with the Dodge bed. With that kind of evidence, how could he be wrong? [}]

sigpic
    Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
    X