Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have a clock for '51 Commander?

Does anyone have an extra clock, in good condition, for a '51 Commander they'd want to sell me? As long as I'm under there redoing wiring, I might as well add one, right? Unless they're more of a headache than they're worth.

And since I'm asking, my speedometer is getting kinda nasty looking. Can I clean the numbers pretty easily without screwing up their luminescence or should I just try and find another one of those too?

1951 Commander Starlight Coupe (aka "Stella")

I was going to say I have a clock but it's in my dash. But you're looking for someone with an extra clock. Can't help you there. They do make a nice addition.

See this thread about dash illumination.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Eric, I've got a clock delete, which may be better than a dead clock, at least for the time being. Clocks are not uncommon at swap meets, and I can keep my eye out for one for you (I've got your number, of course...) Don't worry about wiring; you'll want to put a new battery-powered movement in it anyway.

The trick about servicing dash instruments is the bezel surrounding the glass. The tabs holding the bezel in place are tiny and prone to break off--and then you're screwed.

51 Commander State Sedan

Kittanning, PA

51 Commander State Sedan
      Butler PA

Comment

And - no - you can't "clean" those numeals without eliminating them.[B)]

Miscreant at large.

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe
        1957 President 2-dr
        1955 President State
        1951 Champion Biz cpe
        1963 Daytona project FS
        No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I reckon I'll keep an eye out for a nice speedo then too. I'm not in any rush, just figured if I was on my backside underneath the dash, it couldn't hurt. Thanks.

1951 Commander Starlight Coupe (aka "Stella")

Comment

Working...
          X