X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not an unusual request...!

Hi all,
    I'm putting this over a wide spectrum, so you will see it on the newsgroup(s) also..
    A fellow in Rhode Island jus called and asked if I knew where he could rent a vintage Studebaker for his son's wedding. The wedding date is June 24, in Alexandria, VA and his son would like to have one of our old Studes, drive the Bride and Groom around. Preferably (probably) a four door... He's willing to pay...! He didn't make any preference for any model of car.
    I have done this previously myself, for various acquaintances, but have a previous committment.
    This fellow had a tone of voice that indicated, he'd really like to have this happen, no matter what the cost. I see it also as a great PR opportunity to the community and great outreach for a prospective, new Stude owner, especially since his son was the one who requested it (and I guess his wife to be is going along with it.)
    It won't be an all day thing, I'm sure, just a couple hours..

If anyone is interested, or knows someone who can accomodate this request, contact me at rfjohnstone at cox.net

Thanks to all

Bob Johnstone
    Potomac Chapter

For those who are thinking of responding in the positive, keep in mind that most insurers take a dim view of using your collector car "for hire".
    A gift certificate might be more appropriate if given as an "honorarium" for an afternoon's enjoyment of a vintage ride.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chris Pile

For those who are thinking of responding in the positive, keep in mind that most insurers take a dim view of using your collector car "for hire".
      A gift certificate might be more appropriate if given as an "honorarium" for an afternoon's enjoyment of a vintage ride.
      This is a good point. Insurance, or lack of it, can become very important, not just in case of loss or damage to your vehicle, but for personal liability. Also, at least in New York, you need livery (or taxi or TLC) registration/plates to use a vehicle to carry paying passengers as well as at least a Class E driver's license (BTDT).

Gary L.
      1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
      1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Get the bloke to give you an "official" wedding invitation. Then take a few other "wedding guests" in the car.
        /H

Comment

Working...
        X