PDA

View Full Version : A Community for Studebaker People with Style

sbca96
04-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Deleted by Tom (sbca96).

imported_n/a
04-28-2006, 09:46 PM
If this fellow isn't present company, then I will hereby nominate him for a "Bob Bourke Wannabe" Award. I'm curious as to why he didn't just trade/sell it to someone who likes Hawk styling pretty much as-is, in exchange for an old Mopar, if he wanted a Mopar engine and outrageous tailfins, etc.

railway
04-28-2006, 09:49 PM
It's his Hawk, time and money.
A dream to some are sweet to other's a nightmare.

Ebon...
http://jnautoair.com/images/logo2-3.jpg

imported_n/a
04-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Yes, I agree--it is his car, and he has a perfect right to make changes that might be controversial, it if that is how he gets his jollies. By the same token, EVERYONE is entitled to my Opinion, whether they like it or not. :)

JDP
04-28-2006, 09:55 PM
If you think that was a nice clean GT Hawk when he started, I can find a few for you to restore.:)

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
63 Avanti
54 3R Pickup

railway
04-28-2006, 10:05 PM
quote:Originally posted by JDP

If you think that was a nice clean GT Hawk when he started, I can find a few for you to restore.

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
63 Avanti
54 3R Pickup

JP, now that I think about it, I think he sold his better GT Hawk to you a couple years back. Could be wrong, I know I hesitated and lost out on it. And that one was not that great either, dang age is getting to me. (What was I saying?):)

Ebon...
http://jnautoair.com/images/logo2-3.jpg

Dick Steinkamp
04-28-2006, 10:14 PM
How about a third category for the forum? In addition to "General Studebaker Discussion", and "Technical Talk", we could have "Things I Don't Like".

http://thenobot.org/images/s2d/s2d_01.jpg

JDP
04-28-2006, 10:14 PM
Damn, I think I did buy a GT from him, no idea which one though.:)

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
63 Avanti
54 3R Pickup

Studedude
04-28-2006, 10:20 PM
I must have missed something... I didn't see the pictures of the finished project.

http://www.davesplaceinc.com/sdcforum/logo.jpg
www.davesplaceinc.com

JDP
04-28-2006, 10:26 PM
I think I figured it out, I must have bought Bermuda from him, the before pix was in his shop:

http://www.stude.com/Bermuda/

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Black
63 R2 4 speed GT White
63 Avanti
54 3R Pickup

imported_n/a
04-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Things with stuff we DON'T like. Hmm--how about a whole forum concerned with that? But,here's a positive suggestion. It s what I would like to have seen this guy do to correct the design flaws of the GT Hawk. Cut off the bulky, boxy, oversized square 62-63 Ford-type C-pillars, and graft on the more graceful top from a '67 Lincoln coupe. Cut down to size, of course. It has a smooth, raked look that better fits the GT body lines. Then, dump the Mercedes type Jimmy Durante schnozola grille and painted side grilles for a fabricated one that vaguely resembles the front end of the 69 Mercury Marquis, or mid-70's Toronado. Or, somewhat like the old "coffin nosed" Cord only shorter, with louvers and no chrome. Then, the Porche headlights. Not that I would do any of this to my own car, but I have lots of ideas that I could suggest to someone who would. :)

sbca96
04-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Deleted by Tom (sbca96).

bams50
04-30-2006, 04:03 AM
I'm reserving my opinion till I see it closer to done (if I remember to follow it...).

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)

N8N
04-30-2006, 06:55 AM
I haven't seen an update to that site in a while. I hope that doesn't mean that he lost interest in the project; despite the "I wouldn't have done it exactly that way" factory I'd rather see it on the road than in a zillion pieces.

I certainly wouldn't have done those fins, but you know what, it *is* his car. if I start criticising what he's doing, the same criticisms could be leveled at people like Dave Lester, who again, has a car with a lot of "I wouldn't have done it exactly that way" items (at least for me) but still is a darn nice car. And once you go down that road, where does it stop? Do you then look down on people for shaving a few trim items? Using an incorrect-year but Studebaker drivetrain? Heck, now we're in the territory of criticizing my own project.

I'm guessing that if it weren't for the fins, the response would be a lot more positive.

Heck, people were doing this stuff back when these cars were new; remember Dick S's custom Speedster? Now even that I'd probably have to disapprove of if it were done today just because of the value of a Speedster, but if it was done in a workmanlike manner I'd probably have to bite my tongue...

nate

--
55 Commander Starlight
62 Daytona hardtop
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel

Scott
04-30-2006, 09:23 AM
He says, "So I loaded it up on my trailer and took it to the man who is restoring it. Here is the ongoing story of MoHawk"

Ummm, restoring? We've already done that topic, but really, RESTORING??! I guess that means absolutely nothing anymore. Let's see, I could say after chopping off the top and sending the rest to the crusher, that I just restored the car, too. :(

JDP
04-30-2006, 11:08 PM
It should me mentioned that he sold the nicer GT Hawk to me and I spent about 6K and a lot of labor restoring it.

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Black
63 R2 4 speed GT White
63 Avanti
54 3R Pickup

JDP
04-30-2006, 11:15 PM
It should me mentioned that he sold the nicer GT Hawk to me and I spent about 6K-8K and a lot of labor restoring it. The Hawk that he was building for his personal dream car was in much worse shape. The fact that we may not share his taste is fun to chat about, but I don't get worked up about what a owner chooses to do with their own car.

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Black
63 R2 4 speed GT White
63 Avanti
54 3R Pickup

Transtar56
05-01-2006, 12:33 AM
What happened to the R-1,4-speed drivetrain?
Hope that its still around and will find its way into another Studebaker.

sbca96
05-01-2006, 03:35 AM
Deleted by Tom (sbca96).

JDP
05-01-2006, 08:31 AM
I think the Studebaker rods and customs are driving the market right now. Some are well done and bring favorable attention to our hobby, a few are indeed destroyed in the attempt.
I recall us bitching about 53-54 C-K prices not being high enough a few years back, now every rodder wants a "Low Boy" and the prices are through the roof. The custom guys drive up prices, that makes folks make more reproduction parts since the cars are worth it. The higher the values go, the more that come out of the weeds. If even 50% of those are rodded, that's still more cars that would be restored. It's like complaining about the Furys destroyed in Christine, or Chargers lost making General Lee's, more were saved because of the few lost.
As to GT Hawk production, that subject just came up with seat cover company the other day. As I was ordering yet another set of GT covers for a customer, the gal asked "How many of those damn things did they make ?":)

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Black
63 R2 4 speed GT White
63 Avanti
54 3R Pickup

Scott
05-01-2006, 08:59 AM
I agree with you sbca96, but you won't find much support on the forum. If the car was a Ferrari or a Duesenburg or a Pierce Arrow maybe, there would be outrage at this kind of "restoring". However, since we are dealing with the lowly Studebaker, there are different criteria, the main one apparently being: it doesn't matter. It's a rather sad attitide to come from Studebaker lovers, but we can't change it. It just supports the notion that we think the same way about our cars as we would about a Chevy or a Ford. Just not worth getting worked up about I guess. Things would be different I suppose if there were only a few hundred surviving cars. Maybe that's why we don't see guys putting fins on a 1910 EMF.

Transtar56
05-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Anyone know where I could find a good solid EMF,Id like to put a 289/power shift in it(just kidding)

Dick Steinkamp
05-01-2006, 10:48 AM
quote:Originally posted by Scott

I agree with you sbca96, but you won't find much support on the forum.

I believe that one reason there is not a lot of support on the forum for the "bashing" of others' cars is that the members here are pretty much tolerent of how different folks enjoy the hobby. We know that not every Studebaker made would be one we would want to own, and we know that not every (or any, for that matter) modification or change is one we would make. But we also know that the guy/gal that has selected that Studebaker that is not at the top of our "buy" list, or that guy/gal that has made changes to the car that we wouldn't, is probably enjoying the hobby as much as we are (maybe more in some cases). Most realize that it's a hobby. It's supposed to be fun. In the very end, it's far more about the people than about the iron and sheet metal (or fiberglass).

Another reason members don't jump in on threads like this is that I think we are one of the most polite and respectful groups on the net. We wouldn't go up to someone at a car show and tell him how much we hate his car and how stupid he is for doing something to it that we wouldn't have done...and we wouldn't do it here.

Finally, I think we realize that it really doesn't matter that we don't like a modification that someone has made to their car. We won't change the owner's mind and have them undo the modification and we probably won't change the minds of anyone on the forum who might like the modification that we don't. There are far too many fun and interesting things happening with Studebakers to focus on the negetive.

If you have the need to "bash" a car you don't like, and it makes you feel good to do so, have at it...but you probably shouldn't expect this group to form a lynch mob. Way too much class here for that.

http://thenobot.org/images/s2d/s2d_01.jpg

Frank Starr
05-01-2006, 11:09 AM
Well, if there's going to be a Community for Studebaker People with Style, that sure lets me out. I've got about as much style as a gunny sack of coal (I suppose our young members don't remember what coal is).

Frank Starr

JBOYLE
05-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Remember, "style" isn't the same thing as "taste".
Remember the very stylish clothes from the 70s?

Enough said...:D

63 Avanti R1 2788
1914 Stutz Bearcat
(George Barris replica)

Washington State

sbca96
05-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Deleted by Tom (sbca96).

BShaw
05-01-2006, 02:25 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/Chill.gif

BShaw,Webmaster
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/StudeWebService-small.gif
60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion

DEEPNHOCK
05-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Well said Dick.
The thread starter is cross posting this to other forums also, trying to stir the pot.
Too bad...
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
I believe that one reason there is not a lot of support on the forum for the "bashing" of others' cars is that the members here are pretty much tolerent of how different folks enjoy the hobby. We know that not every Studebaker made would be one we would want to own, and we know that not every (or any, for that matter) modification or change is one we would make. But we also know that the guy/gal that has selected that Studebaker that is not at the top of our "buy" list, or that guy/gal that has made changes to the car that we wouldn't, is probably enjoying the hobby as much as we are (maybe more in some cases). Most realize that it's a hobby. It's supposed to be fun. In the very end, it's far more about the people than about the iron and sheet metal (or fiberglass).
Another reason members don't jump in on threads like this is that I think we are one of the most polite and respectful groups on the net. We wouldn't go up to someone at a car show and tell him how much we hate his car and how stupid he is for doing something to it that we wouldn't have done...and we wouldn't do it here.
Finally, I think we realize that it really doesn't matter that we don't like a modification that someone has made to their car. We won't change the owner's mind and have them undo the modification and we probably won't change the minds of anyone on the forum who might like the modification that we don't. There are far too many fun and interesting things happening with Studebakers to focus on the negetive.
If you have the need to "bash" a car you don't like, and it makes you feel good to do so, have at it...but you probably shouldn't expect this group to form a lynch mob. Way too much class here for that.

Transtar56
05-01-2006, 02:43 PM
" I've got about as much style as a gunny sack of coal (I suppose our young members don't remember what coal is)."
Hey Frank,I remember coal,but what to hell is a gunny sack(LOL)

imported_n/a
05-01-2006, 02:55 PM
I meant to post this before this topic had turned "politically incorrect": I rummaged around in my collection of salvaged "Turning Wheels", and found an example of a one-of-kind custom 55 President, on the cover of the October, 2001 issue. Some might argue that this doesn't count, since it was done as an after-hours project by a member of the design team at South Bend. It is a beautifully executed restyle--the Hawk as it might've been. But, what I have noticed about many of the "Kustoms" and "Rat Rods", is that the builder seems to WANT to be provocative--by building the most outrageous, wildest-looking car posssible! Defying the conventions of the Purists (and others) in order to generate a reaction, seems to be part of their agenda. Actually making genuine improvements to the styling (or performance characteristics), so that it has broad acceptance is usually not. I firmly believe that unless you are very, very talented, with a combination of well-developed artistic and auto-crafting skills, and the resources to see a project through,your best bet is to preserve/restore it, with subtle modifications and upgrades if neccessary, and enjoy it. It is arguable that "Christine" and "Dukes Of Hazzard" cars helped generate interest in Chrysler Products. Probably, if the producers of those shows had smashed up Mustangs and 57 Chevys, there would've been a backlash, at least by enthusiast groups. Since Mopars were at an ebb in their popularity and esteem by the general public(due to the bailout, boring K cars, etc.)at that time, they were able to destroy these cars onscreen to entertain us. However, that amounts to 300 Dodge Chargers that won't need pre-sewn seat cover kits or repop weatherstripping, etc. That number could equal the number of prospective buyers that would make certain badly-needed Stude parts worth re-popping, would it not? Take 300 pro-streeted (finished or unfinished)Studebakers out of the equation, and the demand for parts to put the finishing touches on your resto is that much less.

bams50
05-01-2006, 03:30 PM
Jeez, sbca96, breathe!!!

I love all kinds of cars; including some from every decade! But I find I am particularly drawn to 50s & 60s- particularly Studes and Lincolns... although most American makes have something I'd really like to own...

I recently bought a Lincoln from a guy who lost interest, in large part because he felt disillusioned by fellow Linc owners. He reached out to said fellow owners online, at meets, shows, etc. looking for camaraderie he assumed existed based on a mutual interest in Lincs... but found class structures based on model, year, era, etc. and despite all efforts, always felt like he was on the outside looking in... finally, the interest in the car wasn't enough to sustain him, and he washed his hands of the whole deal... he is now dying from cancer at 47 and is very grateful to me that I take a minute now and then to see how he's doing; said that he feels some kind of friendship (finally) and had he known me previously he might have given me the car a lot cheaper being so glad a real car lover has her...

I too have felt excluded in the hobby- many times. No matter the make, there seems to develop a clique that is loath to include outsiders... how I deal with it is: I keep reaching out, participating in forums, offering to look at cars for folks locally, etc... if relationships develop, great; but if not, I truly love the cars, and can enjoy them alone if necessary- and bear no hard feelings toward those who turn their nose up at what I like...

That is the difference between me and lots of people in the hobby; I enjoy people, but buy cars- ANY make- that strike a chord with me, for whatever reason. I've seen Stude people that are AGHAST that a Stude owner would ever be so awful as to actually own a different marque- vice versa with Lincs. I just grin, shrug my shoulders at them, and move on! I like what some have done with their cars; some not so much (insert "street racers" here![V][xx(]). But those I don't care for I just walk past; I just don't see any reason to shoot down what they're doing! When the car you referenced is finished I may like it- or I may hate it. Either way isn't going to tip my world off its axis. After all, be it a Stude, Lincoln, or one-of-a-kind Yenko Camaro, it's still just a car- a posession. And in perspective, never a reason to sell the farm- or try to hurt someone's feelings that likes what they're doing!

My point is: why not decide you don't like the guy's car, shrug it off, and just go work on one you can save?

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)

Frank Starr
05-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Gunny sack - A sack made of burlap (a natural fiber). What you use to pour old engine old into before you thow it away in the recycling container.

Frank (We are Green) Starr

sbca96
05-02-2006, 02:35 AM
Deleted by Tom (sbca96).

studebakerkid
05-02-2006, 06:44 AM
JDP is right. THis vehicle that this guy is hacking up to his own idea will bring out more interest. I know of three wrecking yards in my area that are stocked with Studes just waiting to be restored. The owner is just sitting on them waiting for the price to go up. So more interest may do that and free up some of these cars.

And for you guys that recognize where I am from the Yarsd are in the Prosser area. One is just off I 82 one is off Highway 97 and the other is off on a gravel road on a farm......I found it one day when I was just tooling around on my Triumph.......I thought that the Mc Donald Collection was huge.......well not at all in comparison to what I found.

If you car is ugly then it better be fast.....

65 2dr sedan
64 2dr sedan (Pinkie)
61 V8 Tcab
61 Tcab 20R powered
55 Commander Wagon
54 Champion Wagon
46 Gibson Model A

DEEPNHOCK
05-02-2006, 06:47 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/Chill.gif
Tom

Did I say something that wasn't true?
No, I didn't.
But I will leave it at that..
And I'll leave the little comments out, too...
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by sbca96

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK
The thread starter is cross posting this to other forums also, trying to stir the pot.Jeff

Ah Jeff .. nice to hear from you as always. Mr. Mounted in shear! Yup!

Note to self : Leave personal opinions off the SDC site!

For the record, the thread starter (the name is TOM, Jeff) didnt post
this on the AOAI forum, I figured that they wouldnt give two hoots
about a GT Hawk, obviously I shouldnt either.

Tom

DEEPNHOCK
05-02-2006, 07:48 AM
Just for the record..
I volunteered to be a judge for the modified and custom class(es) at the recent SDC SE zone meet in Gainesville. (My truck was not entered at all...display only). After all was said and done, the cream of the crop was a beautiful white Chevy powered Avanti. Even after looking for flaws, it was that good. All my fellow judges agreed (or more like I agreed with their judgement, too) and the point total gave this gent not only a 1st place (points wise), but best of division (which was not presented to him), and ultimately 'Best of Show'. It was that nice a piece of machinery, and he deserved the award.
I like Avanti's, too....
Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by sbca96

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK
The thread starter is cross posting this to other forums also, trying to stir the pot.Jeff

Ah Jeff .. nice to hear from you as always. Mr. Mounted in shear! Yup!
Note to self : Leave personal opinions off the SDC site!
For the record, the thread starter (the name is TOM, Jeff) didnt post
this on the AOAI forum, I figured that they wouldnt give two hoots
about a GT Hawk, obviously I shouldnt either.
Tom

imported_n/a
05-02-2006, 12:55 PM
It seems like the staunch defenders of the radically(& Badly) modified cars always make arguments here that are based on concrete, either-or, black-and-white assumptions! If someone makes an unfavorable comment about a car that is really outrageous--then they conclude out loud that you must "hate" anyone who does anything whatsoever non-stock to their car, no matter how well they did it! That is what troubles me, because it just isn't the case. I just don't care for antique cars that have been cobbled up beyond repair, just so the owner can have "something different", and I won't pretend that I do, either. Thanks.

Scott
05-02-2006, 01:48 PM
Maybe some of you remember back in the 80s when lots of old car people started getting really upset about the older cars being wrecked in the course of movie making and other entertainment. I haven't heard so much about that issue in a long time, but I also can't say I've seen many movies newer than that where an old car (or cars) was/were intentionally destroyed.

The point is that those people protesting were not silenced by someone saying "the cars belong to the studio - let them destroy them if they want to." Do any of you remember several years ago when many in the club were upset about the insurance ad (Allstate?) that showed a Lark in flames and talking about unsafe cars? Was the membership wrong headed to say something about that? Ultimately the ad was changed and the car picture was made to look like no particular make. I don't know if the car was intentionally burned for the photo or if it was just a stock photo of a car fire involving a Studebaker.

So why is it OK to protest those uses of Studebakers and old cars in general, but not OK to get upset about some extreme modifieds? Some people make nice modified cars - and some don't. Taste is always subjective, but I hope that we don't have to require everyone to check their sense of taste and style at the door here, either. I don't want to see a lot of "bashing" on the forum, but at the same time I don't want to see people afraid to express an opinion about a car. Most of the opinions on the forum are positive, anyway.

JDP
05-02-2006, 01:51 PM
No one should complain about expressing a opinion on a modified car, it's just that some complain about the owners choice in doing it "his way". Using words like "butcher" "ruin", or suggesting he choose the wrong car to modify get the thread headed the wrong direction.

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Black
63 R2 4 speed GT White
63 Avanti
54 3R Pickup

Scott
05-02-2006, 03:38 PM
JDP, you used to work at Studebaker, right? I thought I read somewhere you used to be in the bumper making area.

imported_n/a
05-02-2006, 03:44 PM
Okay, then. Life is full of compromises--just like Studebaker Styling. In accordance with that, hereinafter I will substitute the term "controversial" for ruined; and "Bob Bourke-Wannabe" in lieu of Studebutcher. Is that fair enough? :)

JDP
05-02-2006, 04:09 PM
I made bumpers for Studebaker, but at the Rockwell Standard bumper plant. I picked up a set of "show bars" frr my Hawk on a deal. There was a flaw on the back side. When they made show bars, they double nickle and chrome plated them and buffed the back side.
I wsa just out of the Navy and was written up by the union twice. Once I plugged in a fan without calling a electrician, once more for cleaning up around my machine when the line was broke down for a few hours. Once the union put us out of business, I went back in the Navy. When Studebaker folded in SB, Rockwell had a shot at some GM bumper work, the union decided that would be a great time to strike since the company was in a time bind to get the GM bars out. IMHO, the sweet deal Studebaker had with their union had a lot to do with killing them off too. My buddy worked at Studebaker and he's have a pal punch him in, do both jobs and he'd stay home, then they'd trade.

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Black
63 R2 4 speed GT White
63 Avanti
54 3R Pickup

Scott
05-02-2006, 04:23 PM
JDP, I'd have fun talking anti-union (don't like them either), but I don't think we need more controversy in this thread.

I just wondered about your employment because I'm interested in what former Studebaker employees think about the preservation issue. I suppose we'll see a hundred different opinions from them, too.

sbca96
05-02-2006, 04:31 PM
Deleted by Tom (sbca96).

JDP
05-02-2006, 07:19 PM
I agree, we need not get into a off topic discussion about unions, just relating my feeling about unions as they related to Studebaker. I have worked with some great unions too, just not while making Studebaker bumpers.:)

64 R2 4 speed Challenger
63 R2 4 speed GT Black
63 R2 4 speed GT White
63 Avanti
54 3R Pickup

Studedude
05-02-2006, 08:31 PM
This is a unique forum, for sure. It amazes me, really, how few times the moderator has had to/chosen to step in. Mr. Shaw is a pretty patient man. I am slowly learning to hold my tongue (OK, bite my tongue,) because I have confidence he will step in before I feel the need to cut loose with responses that seem perfectly reasonable to me, but would be considered by others to be less than appropriate. I sure don't want to be the first guy asked to leave the forum!

We only have two "troll-like" folks here ([u]by my count</u>). I’m not calling anybody a troll, but I am saying a couple of folks here have what appear ([u]to me</u>) to be troll-like tendencies.

I respect how others avoid taking their bait. It gives me strength, and restraint. But, at times, I begin to feel a little puny. This is one of those times.

Avoid the tendency to ask yourself, “Is he talking about [u]ME</u>?” (You would be wasting your time, and getting mad at me for no good reason… just assume I am talking about the, “other guy,” who, in your mind, you already know is a jerk/troll.)

Mr. Shaw has asked us to, “Chill,” and I think his suggestion was appropriate, and well timed... but apparently not well received by some.

I know all too well that some (most) of you don’t want to know what I think, and I would like to respect that. To avoid that possibility, as Mr. Shaw has said, it’s (past) time to, “CHILL!” Trust me, this is mild!

We are here to visit and discuss. We may have differences of opinion, and that is a good thing. When it gets personal and vindictive, resorting to name-calling and innuendo, it is not a good thing.

Not everybody that does something differently than you would, or disagrees with you is an idiot, or up to something bad, wicked, dirty, evil, mean, or nasty.

When a troll-like person starts the personal attacks, he is incapable of realizing that he makes the other guy look good. It’s just the nature of the beast, which causes the beast to keep on droning on, and on, and on, until everybody else gets sick of it.

I’m sick of it!

I'm not as well spoken as Mr. Shaw.

KNOCK IT OFF!

http://www.davesplaceinc.com/sdcforum/logo.jpg
www.davesplaceinc.com

imported_n/a
05-02-2006, 11:35 PM
I don't mean to infer that anyone here has self-appointed themself as the "Overbearing Vigilante Moderator". No, not at all, because I don't wish to upset anybody. It is just that they post things that are somewhat like one, sometimes. Likewise, I don't mean to infer or imply that someone here is a sanctimonious, name-calling pot-stirrer, either. It is just that they post things here that remind me of one. If anyone here thinks I'm referring to them, rest assured that I definitely am not. Thanks. :)

Walt Zander
05-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Want of care does us more damage than want of knowledge.
B. Franklin

'49 Starlight Coupe
1936 Miller Replica

BShaw
05-03-2006, 07:11 AM
As a last word on this thread (as is the right of the all-powerful administrator), may I offer all our forum members this?

One of the basic elements of successful "conflict resolution" is to "debate facts not feelings." Conflict can, in fact, be healthy and helpul as long as the parties involved argue FOR their FACTS not against someone's personality or just against someone else's position. Only then can there be an opportunity to enlighten others or be enlightend.

Also, I offer you these things that were passed down to me by my parents:

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

"When you point a finger at someone else, there is always three pointing back at yourself."

"Two rules in life: One is don't sweat the small stuff. The other is, remember that it's all small stuff."

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/Lockdown.gif

BShaw,Webmaster
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h53/StudeRobert/StudeWebService-small.gif
60 Hawk. 49 2R5, 39 Champion