How to tips......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tips......

Have you used liquid tape. Small can with brush about $11. It sure makes taping easier.
    Sure enough I fired up a '52 and all was fine until the oil line for the sending unit burst---someone on this site told me to replace it.
    I used extractor # 394001 from O'Reily's, under $25., to extract the bottom brass fitting of the above oil line because it refused to budge. Have you used an extractor.
    A 13/16-20 thread restorer is available from Cornwell Tools RB 542677 for under $5.00 for those steering systems......Brad

quote:Originally posted by bradnree

Have you used liquid tape. Small can with brush about $11. It sure makes taping easier.
    Sure enough I fired up a '52 and all was fine until the oil line for the sending unit burst---someone on this site told me to replace it.
    I used extractor # 394001 from O'Reily's, under $25., to extract the bottom brass fitting of the above oil line because it refused to budge. Have you used an extractor.
    A 13/16-20 thread restorer is available from Cornwell Tools RB 542677 for under $5.00 for those steering systems......Brad
    I have used liquid tape, but that $11 seems high.....been about six months since I bought any. PlastiDip (the folks that make the 'plastic in a can' for handle grips, etc) makes the liquid tape too. I bought one can of Liquid Tape, and then I refill it from my PlastiDip can<G>.

One thing I have found that the Liquid Tape really works well on is frayed cloth wiring harness areas. The harness on my '54 wasn't too bad in most places, but some places were fraying pretty bad. The cloth covering soaks up the Liquid Tape, and seals up the frayed areas. Usually takes several applications to build up a good coating.

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bradnree

I have used liquid tape, but that $11 seems high.....been about six months since I bought any. PlastiDip (the folks that make the 'plastic in a can' for handle grips, etc) makes the liquid tape too. I bought one can of Liquid Tape, and then I refill it from my PlastiDip can<G>.

One thing I have found that the Liquid Tape really works well on is frayed cloth wiring harness areas. The harness on my '54 wasn't too bad in most places, but some places were fraying pretty bad. The cloth covering soaks up the Liquid Tape, and seals up the frayed areas. Usually takes several applications to build up a good coating.

Paul

Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: http://hometown.aol.com/r1skytop/myhomepage/index.html
      Paul
      Winston-Salem, NC
      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Working...
      X