PDA

View Full Version : No More Cars Telegram

avantilover
04-25-2006, 03:44 PM
I have the opportunity to purchase (from a US seller) a framed telegram that was sent to a Studebaker Dealer by EJ Challinor explaing that "Due to heavy losses autombile production will be ended permanently".
The price (excluding postage) is $US99.99, and I'm guessing the postage will be $10 or so.

Seems a rare item, but does the group think it's worth the asking price?

$AUD150 including postage is a lot, but if it's worth it, then I'll do it.

John Clements

Avantilover your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!

imported_n/a
04-25-2006, 03:51 PM
I don't see why not, if you're a serious Studebaker Buff. And, being named John Clement would be a good sign that you are.

avantilover
04-25-2006, 04:31 PM
quote:Originally posted by Packebaker

I don't see why not, if you're a serious Studebaker Buff. And, being named John Clement would be a good sign that you are.

I didn't think of that ;), I'll buy it then, short term finaancial pain for a lovely item. I'm also getting many nice old ads - but I just wish there was a way to discover the amount of stuff issued each year, say 5 postcards, 5 brochures and 5 ads, ebay has an almost unlimited supply - anyway, I emailed the museum archives as I feel they must have records.

John Clements

avantilover
04-26-2006, 03:57 AM
Here's a photo of the said framed telegram, better be good as it cost $US119.99 ($US20 postage) but a rarity I guess.

http://static.flickr.com/55/135281600_286757e0e0.jpg

John Clements

studegary
04-26-2006, 01:58 PM
That is from a reputable literature dealer.

Fred K. Fox's feature articles in Turning Wheels lists the literature for the model(s) being covered in that article.

Gary L.
1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)

avantilover
04-26-2006, 04:42 PM
quote:Originally posted by studegary

That is from a reputable literature dealer.

Fred K. Fox's feature articles in Turning Wheels lists the literature for the model(s) being covered in that article.

Gary L.

That's what I thought, Autolit has a good range of stuff though is more expensive than other sellers, then again I guess their material is superior.

I'd love to get hold of some of Fred Fox's articles but don't have TW's until the June 2006 issue, is Fred on the forums?

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!

studegary
04-27-2006, 11:28 AM
quote:Originally posted by avantilover

I'd love to get hold of some of Fred Fox's articles but don't have TW's until the June 2006 issue, is Fred on the forums?

John Clements

Fred has not been on any of the forums or newsgroups, that I am aware of. Back issues of Turning Wheels can be searched for articles covered and purchased from this site and also from others.

Gary L.

avantilover
04-27-2006, 01:13 PM
quote:Originally posted by studegary

quote:Originally posted by avantilover

John Clements

Fred has not been on any of the forums or newsgroups, that I am aware of. Back issues of Turning Wheels can be searched for articles covered and purchased from this site and also from others.

Gary L.

Thanks Gary,

I'll do a search and see what comes up, probably just for the '47 Champion - much appreciated:)

John Clements