X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inner fender kits

I am building a 53 coupe for a driver.
    I was considering a purchase of Classic Enterprises's inner fender kits.
    I would like to hear from people that has used these.
    I want to know how you like them and what you need to do to mount them?
    Thanks
    Paul

I used the Classic Enterprises inner fender kit a few years ago and it has worked very well on my '64 GT. The factory should have done this in the first place! Do a good job of undercoating behind the panels and on the entire surface area though just as a back up. This should be easy on your application since you are doing it from the ground up. You only need some sheet metal screws and a drill. I used stainless screws throughout the installation.

One note that does not apply to your case but does to '63/'64 GT applications is that the front inner fender shields behind the tires are not correct for the these years and CE does not tell you that in their literature! I only found this out after I called and asked them what I was doing wrong. You can make the driver side fit with some work, but the passenger side is out of whack due to the way the heater box was moved for the '63/'64 applications. I made my own using galvanized sheet metal, a card board pattern and a lot of trimming. If anyone needs a pattern I have one. (CE should make this an option in my opinion).

Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    Dan White
    64 R1 GT
    64 R2 GT
    58 C Cab
    57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

Thanks for the information.
      Paul

Comment

I put a kit into my 61 Hawk, it took some pushing and pulling but fit well enough. I used aluminum pop rivits to fasten it in with undercoating under and over. It adds some stiffening to the body as well as protects the fenders. Living in the Pacific Northwest I wouldn't leave home without it.

Don Watson
        61 Hawk
        Don Watson
        61 Hawk

Comment

Working...
        X