This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Toned

Has anyone ever painted to the body one color and the roof another color on a 62 hawk. Was just wondering how good or how bad it might look. Was looking at a darker body and a cream/off white roof.

I've seen two that were white with black tops and one that was two-toned using the front hood, roof, and decklid. The car was light blue with white two-toning. That one was awful. Hawks seem to look best one color or, if you prefer a second color, find one with a half vinyl roof (1964 only).

Studedude1961
    1963 Cruiser

Comment

I have seen '62-'64 Hawks with the entire roof, the canopy section or just the rear section painted a contrasting color. To me, the only way that looks reasonably good, is to paint the canopy section (like a '64 vinyl top) a lighter color.

Painting the top a different color on '62-'64 Hawks only emphasizes the styling mismatch between the body and the roof on these cars.

Gary L.
      1954 Commander Starliner (restomod)
      1959 DeLuxe pickup (restomod)
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary makes a good point about the mismatch. Like a late 1990s Cadillac Eldorado....streamlined in the front, a brick in the back, and a roof line like I don't know what. Still, Stude did a good job with what it hand on hand with the Hawk in 1962. Ford got even with the T-Bird roof on the Hawk by putting a Packard Predictor roof on the 1963-1964 Mercury Breezeway.

Studedude1961
        --1963 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
        X