This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diecast Avanti Models

I can get a 1963 Avanti "Signature Models" car for $AUD52 (US$37.50) in either blue/Green or Red (Blue/Green looks better I feel).

What does the list think about this model? Is it of good quality and are you satisfied with your purchase?

Fortunately, the seller is in Australia so postage won't be much.

John Clements

Avantilover your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!

I bought a small turquoise (1/32) model at the Spokane International meet last year for about $8.00 (this was long before I bought my car...I bought it to test out the design on my wife) and I enjoy it.

At a local discount store they have the 1/18th models for about $22.00. I'd buy one in red to match my car but the model's color looks way off.

Overall, a nice model for the money. I may want to find a 1/24th model for match other models of my real cars.

63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State
    63 Avanti R1 2788
    1914 Stutz Bearcat
    (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

I bought a small turquoise (1/32) model at the Spokane International meet last year for about $8.00 (this was long before I bought my car...I bought it to test out the design on my wife) and I enjoy it.

At a local discount store they have the 1/18th models for about $22.00. I'd buy one in red to match my car but the model's color looks way off.

Overall, a nice model for the money. I may want to find a 1/24th model for match other mmodels of my real cars.

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      Thanks,

I'll buy the model now.

John Clements

Avantilover your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
      John Clements
      Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

I am copying a post I made earlier as I thought you might know Don Johnson.

By the way, do you know Jim Gillespie? I met him in Melbournne, too.

Regards,
        Bob (stude53)

Post follows:

Comment

The first run of the 1/18 Signature models had the wrong color being a bright red. They later corrected the problem with it closer to true Avanti red.
          Denny L

Comment

Working...
          X