This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restored? Yeah, right

I guess Studebaker was offering Camaro engines and we never knew it! Restored? I don't think so. He calls it mild custom and then says it was restored. oh well.
    Link:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...30985099QQrdZ1

Well..he had to explain the surgery some how (eng & trans) & did it with words of a true merchandising copywrighter.
    Louis
    still looking

Comment

Besides, it was "professionally restored" and yet the professional forgot about the radio, the heater and the clock?! So, even if it was stock it still isn't restored.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Restored:

"1.To bring back into existence or use"
        "2. To bring back to an original condition"

The first might fit.

Studebaker On The Net http://stude.com
        64 R2 4 speed Challenger
        63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk
        63 Avanti
        54 3R Pickup

JDP Maryland

Comment

I'm not a big fan of belly button motors in Studes [B)] but this one looks nicely done. And, it's a decent looking car at that. I like the white with the red & white interior. And it's going to sell--up to $7,000 now with no reserve.

I'd take it if you gave it to me

Comment

I'd probably take it, too. But that motor wouldn't last long.

I also notice in one picture it looks like the front edge (surface) of the raised section of the hood has been painted red.
            "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Restored:

The first might fit.
              Yawn.

sigpic
              Dave Lester

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott

I'd probably take it, too. But that motor wouldn't last long.
                You mean because you would swap it out, or because of design? The TPI
                engines are pretty solid, and it its a combo from an 88 of newer then
                the trans is the updated 700R4. In 86 the engines were 305's, and the
                rear main seal was redesigned. The rear mains on 86 and newer GM V8's
                rarely ever leak, even with over 200k miles. The only downside is its
                a MAF engine, the Speed Density engines are much less trouble prone.
                With the 700R4 trans, I would expect that engine to go over 150k with
                out needing anything but spark plugs. The L98 engine is pretty nice.
                In the 90's the LT1 came out, and those will easily see 200k, I have
                two that I drive each day that have over 200k on them, my commute is
                55 miles each way. Our 86 IROC has that same engine, it has 100k and
                the most consistant compression I have ever seen on an engine.[:0]

Tom

1963 Studebaker Avanti, 102,000, custom made brake brackets to mount 1998 Mustang GT 4 wheel disc brakes (soon to get 13" Cobra front brakes, 2003 Mustang Cobra 17" wheels, GM altenator, will be getting : 97 Camaro Z28 tan leather seats, 97 Camaro Z28 T-56 6-speed trans, Ported 'R3' style Avanti heads with stainless full flow valves, 'R3' 276 duration cam w/chrysler solid lifters, shortened push rods, aluminum cam gear, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires, waiting in the garage.
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

My car will be done similar as far as looks. Only red paint, and red interior with white seat inserts. [8D]

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. South Georgia Chapter

63 Daytona HT (project)
                  51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
                  52 Commander Starliner (basket case)

MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars

And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo

Comment

There must be an electric fan in front of the radiator as the intake looks like it is where a fan would be. I think that car looks nice in the red & white colors.

1961 Lark

Comment

even BIGGER yawn.Nice car but the word 'restored' is so over-used in the car biz,I'm sick of it.I just spent almost a month getting the 'ChicagoLark' ready for paint,but I certainly could never call it 'RESTORED'...
                      quote:Originally posted by Studedude

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Restored:

The first might fit.
                      Yawn.

LaSalle,Il
                      61Hawk
                      60Lark
                      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

I just thought is was funny (sort of) the way some people call things restored, that are anything but. I didn't mean to cause yawns.

The engine might be nice, but if it were mine I'd take it out and sell it to pay for a nice Studebaker V8. When it comes to motive power I am unapologetically a purist. I figure if you want a Camaro, might as well get a whole Camaro and be done with it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Scott

I just thought is was funny (sort of) the way some people call things restored, that are anything but. I didn't mean to cause yawns.

The engine might be nice, but if it were mine I'd take it out and sell it to pay for a nice Studebaker V8. When it comes to motive power I am unapologetically a purist. I figure if you want a Camaro, might as well get a whole Camaro and be done with it.
                          sigpic
                          Dave Lester

Comment

OK,we put Dave to sleep! Scott,I'm still up.I agree,you don't 'restore' a car with a non original engine and trans.- Ebayers-please stop using the word "restored"... night -night Dave!

LaSalle,Il
                            61Hawk
                            60Lark
                            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

[quote]
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since we can also agree that is never going to happen, and we are all also perfectly capable of knowing the difference, why do we have to keep droning on, and on, and on about it every time somebody misuses the term?

It's not like it's hot news, or hasn't already been discussed hundreds of times already. [xx(]

sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

Working...
                              X