This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 53 Hawk

I was in BOOKS-a- MILLION this morning n was looking at a book Called great american cars.I naturallly went to the stude section.There was a 50 CHAMPION and a 53 Hawk. was there such a car?

quote:Originally posted by stude freak

I was in BOOKS-a- MILLION this morning n was looking at a book Called great american cars.I naturallly went to the stude section.There was a 50 CHAMPION and a 53 Hawk. was there such a car?
    The first Studebaker Hawk was 1956. BTW, only 1960 and 61 Hawks were called just "Hawks". For all other years, there was an adjective in front of the word "Hawk" (Golden, Silver, Power, Sky, GT, Packard, or Flight)

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Did it have pics?

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. South Georgia Chapter

63 Daytona HT (project)
      51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
      52 Commander Starliner (basket case)

MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars

And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo

Comment

quote:Originally posted by stude freak

I was in BOOKS-a- MILLION this morning n was looking at a book Called great american cars.I naturallly went to the stude section. <SNIP> and a 53 Hawk. was there such a car?
        NO! I saw that publication on a rack at a store a while back, and did not buy it because of that error. I thought authors, editors, publishers, and printers were supposed to review publications for crap like that... but, I have been wrong before.
        quote:Originally posted by mbstude

Did it have pics?
        If it is the publication I am thinking of, yes, there was a picture... of a '53 Starliner or Starlight... I don't remember... I wasn't (favorably) impressed with the publication at that point.

sigpic
        Dave Lester

Comment

I would be tempted to email a tirade to the publisher, who, theoretically, employs editors for inexperienced authors. It's not worth the trouble unless people buy the book.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

During Christmas at Cosco there was an English-produced book about infuential cars...it featured the Lowey coupes and the Avanti.
            The writeup about them was fairly accurate...but the guy that wrote the photo captions (usually not the same person) said the Avanti's looks "were unique...to put it charitably".

I didn't buy the book.
            I don't need some snooty Brit (I can say that since I'm married to a fine English lady...) insulting my car.

63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
            63 Avanti R1 2788
            1914 Stutz Bearcat
            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Yes , Matt there was pictures.It was a reddish orange with a tan colored top.It also had gold v-8 emblems on the side of the front fenders.I was pretty sure in my mind that it was incorrect,just wanted to make sure.The price of the book was $38.95. I just closed it up n walked away.I asked the cleck if they had any books on studebaker,she looked in the computer and told me they didnt have any.Its a shame that abook store like that dont have publications of the true accounts of Studebaker that the reading public cant read the real story of a truly great automobile history.

Comment

Working...
              X