This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Old 1932 Studebaker Pickup

I know this is a long shot but I figured it was worth a try...Back in the 90's I had a 1932 Studebaker Model 55 Pick-up (that's right, PICK-UP!). The history of it was that Studebaker needed a truck to move large items around their factory complex and made a pick-up out of a 4-door. This truck had only two owners before me and showed approx. 60,000 miles, which I believed to be correct. I originally bought it to paint up and park in front of my bicycle shop to attract attention. After driving it, however, I found it so enjoyable it became my everyday commuter.
    Due to some IRS problems having to do with my stores I was forced to sell it before the IRS took it from me. Reluctantly I sold it to someone in Palo Alto, CA. and don't know where it went from there....
    I would like to know the whereabouts of it, if it is still around or what happened to it, but most of all if the current owner would like to sell it. I've had many cars and this one by far was my favorite! If anyone knows of it please contact me and/or the current owner so that we can maybe get together on this. Thanks a lot!
    I have some pictures...but can't figure out how to attach them...and the VIN # is 5121848

Gary Wingert
    theborgguy@yahoo.com
    (916) 933-8823 home
    (916) 370-1810 cell

[img][/img]

Could this possibly be the long lost Rockne pickup?[] You can e-mail me the pics and I'll post them. mbstude@yahoo.com

Matthew Burnette, the 16 year old Stude nut. South Georgia Chapter

63 Daytona HT (project)
    51 Stude dump truck (yes, I won the raffle)
    52 Commander Starliner (basket case)

MANY more Studes in the family and a few parts cars

And here: http://community.webshots.com/user/mbstudepagetwo

Comment

Here's the pics:

63 Daytona HT (project)

Comment

To me it looks like a cut down sedan... [?]

63 Daytona HT (project)

Comment

Neat looking truck.
          I know a lot of sedans were turned into pickups (especially BIG cars that were turned into early tow trucks.
          Do you know the VIN number? Perhaps a build sheet might be obtained.
          I have seen photographs of an early thirties prototype pickup, but it did not look anything like this truck.
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by gwingert

I know this is a long shot but I figured it was worth a try...Back in the 90's I had a 1932 Studebaker Model 55 Pick-up (that's right, PICK-UP!). The history of it was that Studebaker needed a truck to move large items around their factory complex and made a pick-up out of a 4-door. This truck had only two owners before me and showed approx. 60,000 miles, which I believed to be correct. I originally bought it to paint up and park in front of my bicycle shop to attract attention. After driving it, however, I found it so enjoyable it became my everyday commuter.
          Due to some IRS problems having to do with my stores I was forced to sell it before the IRS took it from me. Reluctantly I sold it to someone in Palo Alto, CA. and don't know where it went from there....
          I would like to know the whereabouts of it, if it is still around or what happened to it, but most of all if the current owner would like to sell it. I've had many cars and this one by far was my favorite! If anyone knows of it please contact me and/or the current owner so that we can maybe get together on this. Thanks a lot!
          I have some pictures...but can't figure out how to attach them...and the VIN # is 5121848

Gary Wingert
          theborgguy@yahoo.com
          (916) 933-8823 home
          (916) 370-1810 cell

[img][/img]
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

"VIN # is 5121848"

63 Daytona HT (project)

Comment

As the kids might say, that truck is way cool. Hope it still exists.

53 Commander Hardtop
              64 Champ 1/2 ton
              WA state
              Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
              50 Champion 2 door*
              53 Commander K Auto*
              53 Commander K overdrive*
              55 President Speedster
              62 GT 4Speed*
              63 Avanti R1*
              64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Actually from what I understand this truck did start out as a 4-door, hence the comment is true about a "cut down sedan"...it's the finish work on the bed, etc. which was amazing...definitely looks like done by a "wagon builder"...very professional....the interior, seat, headliner...all look factory...no home-type job. I also tend to believe the gentleman I purchased it from who had it in amongst his Pierce-Arrow collection...as his "junk truck"...he definitely wasn't trying to build it up...and he got it from the original owner.

Comment

Working...
                X